Security Installer Community

Which Firm

Guest hardy

Guest hardy

Which fire alarm company do people rate the best, or maybe which product do you rate the best regarding panels, equipment etc. From my experience I dont like the minerva stuff, but that may be just me.

Guest Cerberus NI
Which fire alarm company do people rate the best, or maybe which product do you rate the best regarding panels, equipment etc. From my experience I dont like the minerva stuff, but that may be just me.

Ours is the best (no false alarm guarantee) - other similar comments to follow from other members!!!

It depends if you're talking about closed or open protocol systems - most engineers don't like other peoples closed protocol systems because,well,it's closed protocol and there is a limit to what you can do without getting the installer involved.Of the open protocol kit I like Kidde and Apollo but that just my opinion!

Guest G.J.M
Ours is the best (no false alarm guarantee) - other similar comments to follow from other members!!!

It depends if you're talking about closed or open protocol systems - most engineers don't like other peoples closed protocol systems because,well,it's closed protocol and there is a limit to what you can do without getting the installer involved.Of the open protocol kit I like Kidde and Apollo but that just my opinion!

I haver used Apollo for years and had very few false alarms considering i have thousands on the go.

apollo kit is easiest to work with, also Kidde Addressable Kit is worth a look. Am about to install an Advanced Electronics Panel( are these people ex Kidde? Based in Cramlington like Kidde? doo doo do doo spooky :ninja: )

O h and I forgot...have installed a couple of Noby panels only for the remote keypad which is a boon in tight spaces. Theyve got an offer on their 2 zone and are bypassing Gardiners by letting you open an account direct with them.

Bri

trade.gif

Guest Cerberus NI
apollo kit is easiest to work with, also Kidde Addressable Kit is worth a look. Am about to install an Advanced Electronics Panel( are these people ex Kidde? Based in Cramlington like Kidde? doo doo do doo spooky :ninja: )

O h and I forgot...have installed a couple of Noby panels only for the remote keypad which is a boon in tight spaces. Theyve got an offer on their 2 zone and are bypassing Gardiners by letting you open an account direct with them.

Ex-Morley guys (were with Morley at the start).

Guest hardy

What about GENT, personnally find it a bit longwinded in the menu structure, but they are honeywell, some of thier old stuff was nuclear proof, but removing any devices really causes problems.

Guest Cerberus NI
What about GENT, personnally find it a bit longwinded in the menu structure, but they are honeywell, some of thier old stuff was nuclear proof, but removing any devices really causes problems.

By all means remove it - just don't re-allocate and run!!!!!

ESP-Protocol .....!!

Can't be buggered messing around with switches on apollo loop sounders.

At least with ESP you can vary the levels of every individual sounder from the control panel.

Also, you really can put 127 base sounders on a loop at 85db behind 127 detectors !... it might be a very short loop mind you but it can get you out of trouble !

Kentec panel are good..... :fear:

Archived