Security Installer Community

Perimeter Detection - Dd243:2004

shortcircuit

as its a safe house..with permission from the local force by fitting a galaxy you could prog the vipers/beams pa delay,thus if tripped in error the signal could be aborted,if tripped for real the occupants need not worry as a pa signal will be sent after the pre progd delay....depends on how heavy duty the case is........

as its a safe house..with permission from the local force by fitting a galaxy you could prog the vipers/beams pa delay,thus if tripped in error the signal could be aborted,if tripped for real the occupants need not worry as a pa signal will be sent after the pre progd delay....depends on how heavy duty the case is........

Maybe I'm missing something here, but.................

This is a VERY strange subject for an open discussion. My thoughts are:

1. Shouldn't it at least be in the Trade area?

2. Wouldn't people doing this sort of thing be experts at it already? I sure hope I never have to be on a witness protection programme :!:

3. Is it even genuine, or is there another agenda? :ninja:

Mods, what do you think? :banned:

Thanks for advice.

Will have to discuss with client.

Unfortunately previous system installed at another location was prior to the requirements for confirmed signalling and consisted of vipers to windows. Confirmed signalling has presented the problem although as suggested it can be overcome

Maybe I'm missing something here, but.................

This is a VERY strange subject for an open discussion. My thoughts are:

1. Shouldn't it at least be in the Trade area?

2. Wouldn't people doing this sort of thing be experts at it already? I sure hope I never have to be on a witness protection programme :!:

3. Is it even genuine, or is there another agenda? :ninja:

Mods, what do you think? :banned:

amateur by name.... :gimme:

In answer to shortcircuit's original post, have you thought about T&B? I would go for Siesmics and T&B at the windows

Pete

t&b :no: ///+ seismic would be too risky on a window....

Guest Alarm Guard

T&B for as domestic is risky unless thought through carefully. It could compromise a fire escape route.

In answer to shortcircuit's original post, have you thought about T&B?

Pete

Where does this fall under EN though? :hmm: I've never heard anything said about it with regards to grading. Same with foil...

Trade Member

The last time I made a T&B was 25 years ago and would not be suitable for a domestic environment.

Sorry if I have trod on a few delicate toes by using incorrect forum.

Have been in alarm trade for 25+ years. Maybe I should join the proffessional forum to maintain the peace.

The last time I made a T&B was 25 years ago and would not be suitable for a domestic environment.

Sorry if I have trod on a few delicate toes by using incorrect forum.

Have been in alarm trade for 25+ years. Maybe I should join the proffessional forum to maintain the peace.

Have had a final thought as T&B mentioned. Foil the windows. One engineer asked if I could foil a window as he had no experience of how to do it and I was deemed as mature enough to no how. Fortunately we had at least moved on to self adhesive foil by that time as no doubt many engineers will be asking "foil, what is that"

Archived