Security Installer Community

Perimeter Detection - Dd243:2004

shortcircuit

Have been asked to specify system to provide confirmed signalling from perimeter detection only to a bungalow. Any ideas?

Sorry DD243:2004

Need more details to be able to help with this!!!!!

Need more details to be able to help with this!!!!!

Premises are to be used as a secure location for witness protection which therefor require a reliable form of confirmed signalling.

Perimeter detection to be active when house is occupied which creates the difficulty of achieving confirmed signalling.

As Paul says really.

What threat is there against the occupants?

Are you talking standard alarm?

Is there a budget?

You can put Rokonet ShockTec vibrations detector/contacts on all the windows and doors, but are they going to be living in a prison like environment without being to open doors/windows.

You can fit an external beam system.....and depending on who is receiving the signals or what arrangement you have regarding response that potentially could be the unconfirmed part.

There's loads you can do.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest rjbsec
Premises are to be used as a secure location for witness protection

Shock sensors and contacts fitted to all windows and i/r beams internally across all windows - careful instruction ongoing for all occupants.

If the outside is "secure" from passing "traffic", consider external beams or buried sensor cable.

If considered appropriate by the protecting authorities, fit quality CCTV.

Edit: Don't forget the loft!

id use vipers and beams for the doors and windows..and plenty of pa's..radio and fixed........http://www.gpsperimeter.co.uk/products/Free/darwin.htm

As Paul says really.

What threat is there against the occupants?

Are you talking standard alarm?

Is there a budget?

You can put Rokonet ShockTec vibrations detector/contacts on all the windows and doors, but are they going to be living in a prison like environment without being to open doors/windows.

You can fit an external beam system.....and depending on who is receiving the signals or what arrangement you have regarding response that potentially could be the unconfirmed part.

There's loads you can do.

Threat to occupants i.e. witness involved in a drugs trial. GBH

Standard Alarm The basic question is how can a confirmed alarm be provided using perimeter detection only

Budget Local Authority

The proposed system is to alow the occupant normal use of the house with any attempt at forced entry providing a confirmed signal

Guest Alarm Guard
Threat to occupants i.e. witness involved in a drugs trial. GBH

Standard Alarm The basic question is how can a confirmed alarm be provided using perimeter detection only

Budget Local Authority

The proposed system is to alow the occupant normal use of the house with any attempt at forced entry providing a confirmed signal

The phrases, Budget local authority and normal use of the house don't seem to sit well with what you are wanting to achieve... I think eng has had the best idea. pa's. ... but even that could be troublesome if the occupants don't listen to your instructions....

I am not sureI would want this job... :no:

The phrases, Budget local authority and normal use of the house don't seem to sit well with what you are wanting to achieve... I think eng has had the best idea. pa's. ... but even that could be troublesome if the occupants don't listen to your instructions....

I am not sureI would want this job... :no:

The local authority are providing the secure accomadation.

Normal use suggests that PIRs would not be suitable

PAs would be suitable however the intruder could be in before the occupant can activate a PA

The window "beam detectors" with a vibration detector would appear to be a solution to confirmed signalling.

Archived