Security Installer Community

Video & Telementry Over Broadband

Alexg

Need some advice guys.

I'm trying to find the best way to do this.

2 ultrack PTZ domes, 1 on each of 2 seperated buildings (call these buildings 1&2)

Each dome currently has it's own controller in each of the buildings with it's own recorder.

The ultrak domes connect to there controller by 1 pair (2 core) beldon type cable (RS485?)

There is a building seperated from the other 2 cameras which is where I now want to put the controls and be able to control the 2 cameras (call this building 3)

There is ADSL in each of the 3 buildings, all of which have a adsl modem/router/switch built in so there is an ethernet port available in each building.

Can I do this control over stanadard ADSL broadband? building 3 will have the dvr and the controller for the domes on the 2 remote sites.

Is there anything that Norbain sell that will do this?

Alternativly, building 1 is 900 meters away from building 3

building 2 is 1000 meters away from building 3

Would wireless be a better option?

Thanks.

TOA have an IP system box of tricks that does all sorts of strange things with cctv/access and voice.

Saw a demo last year, very good - bit too complicated for me when they started talking bandwidths and a host of other really weird stuff.

0208 337 7878 - Ian Bridgewater is top man.

Thet may be able to help.

Transmission of data over ADSL can be trouble sum....you can suffer from latancy.

Not really sure of the area etc but speak to Pete at PATEX and ask him about thier radio modem...very good i hear.

www.patex.co.uk

Or

Amlicon make a RS485 to IP unit, speak to a chap called Jon Paul, very helpful

www.amplicon.co.uk

Or

Mel Secure Systems make a bullet proof data link, however, it is only simplex so you wont get a return data stream....but i have used and as they say...does what it say on the tin.

Dont have masses of time tonight, but if you want to chat in more detail drop me an email richard.smith@xact-security.com

Rich

Richard Smith

X-act Security Ltd

www.xact-security.com

Transmission of data over ADSL can be trouble sum....you can suffer from latancy.

Not really sure of the area etc but speak to Pete at PATEX and ask him about thier radio modem...very good i hear.

www.patex.co.uk

Or

Amlicon make a RS485 to IP unit, speak to a chap called Jon Paul, very helpful

www.amplicon.co.uk

Or

Mel Secure Systems make a bullet proof data link, however, it is only simplex so you wont get a return data stream....but i have used and as they say...does what it say on the tin.

Dont have masses of time tonight, but if you want to chat in more detail drop me an email richard.smith@xact-security.com

Rich

Many thanks Rich,

Problem is they all seeme to have a pc at the control end and a transmitter box at the remote, I need it so its a box to box.

Transmission end:- Coax & RS485 --> box ---> BB router -------www-------- Reciever end BB router-->box-->coax into DVR, RS485 into PTZ controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex.

Having read your enquiry and also studied your diagram I take it you want to transmit the control data to the dome and receive back the Video information from the integral camera.

Frankly speaking if you want to only record the domes video images at the receiving end you will loose significant video quality over the ADSL connection. I think your customer would probably be disappointed. Video over ADSL is fine for remote monitoring but less good for simply remote storing of transmitted video images. Over ADSL video need to be either highly compressed or a slow frame rate, sometimes a combination of them both.

I would envisage if you really want to use the ADSL route you fit 1 or 4 channel DVR

System Q Ltd.

Archived