Security Installer Community

Adt Engineer Code

Guest Rob Treweek

Guest Rob Treweek

Does anyone know how to crash (reset to manufacturer defaults) a Galaxy 8 plus? The box is out of contract and //.National Installer.// didn't de-commision it for the customer! I understand that you can reset the box, without having to replace the prom. //.National Installer.// service what to charge

Does anyone know how to crash (reset to manufacturer defaults) a Galaxy 8 plus? The box is out of contract and //.National Installer.// didn't de-commision it for the customer! I understand that you can reset the box, without having to replace the prom. //.National Installer.// service what to charge

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Rob Treweek

I found since that the Customer inherited the system when he moved in recently!

I understand that 16+ is pretty much the same, which I've found a engineer's manual, would the instructions be in there for a full reset? Any ideas which page or area, saves me having to trawl thru.

I found since that the Customer inherited the system when he moved in recently!

I understand that 16+ is pretty much the same, which I've found a engineer's manual, would the instructions be in there for a full reset? Any ideas which page or area, saves me having to trawl thru.

In case it would be pretty much same you still would have to go through engineers manual to reprogram it.. this ofcourse is only my assuming.. :whistle:

Guest Rob Treweek

I've scanned through the manual a few times and could only find a note on page 8. This talks about doing a Cold Start, which requires the engineer code!

Does anyone have any ideas or point me in the right direction.

Guest Rob Treweek

I understand that defaulting info is not given out on the public forums, but can someone advise where to look in the manual? The manual I have is called ADEMCO microtech galaxy 16 and 16 plus Engineer's Manual (IE1-0016 Rev 2). I'm assuming that it's actually in there or do I have a out-of-date issue?

Well for starters you're looking at the wrong manual, the Galaxy 16 is a completely different panel so will have a different default procedure.

I suggest you try looking for a Galaxy 8 manual, and before you ask, no we can't give that out either

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I understand that defaulting info is not given out on the public forums, but can someone advise where to look in the manual? The manual I have is called ADEMCO microtech galaxy 16 and 16 plus Engineer's Manual (IE1-0016 Rev 2). I'm assuming that it's actually in there or do I have a out-of-date issue?

It's not in the engineering manual as far as I am aware.

As I said above:

If your a bonafide trade user (engineer) then please apply for trade membership HERE and you can have all the defaulting info you need.

Regards

Bellman

I've just checked and I'm correct, It's not in the manual.

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived