Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Problems

Guest wetpanda

Guest wetpanda

Hi,

I have a Accenta G3 Mini panel that was recently fitted. I am in the middle of decorating and disconnected one of the PIRs. I have now replaced the PIR and everything is wired up as it should be.

However, on the RKP the tamper light is flashing and if I press reset it just locks up and won't let me do anything.

If I disconnect the mains and battery from the panel the RKP works again but won't let me arm the panel or anything else for that matter, as the tamper light still flashes. I can't even program it to disable the zone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark.

You either havnt connected the PIR up as it was origionaly, or there`s something wrong with the tamper mechanism on the detector (perhaps a little spring is missing). So check them again.

or

The easy way to get rid of this tamper fault would be to at the detector in question simply remove both tamper cables from the detector tamper terminals, twist both cables together and re-insert into one of the two free tamper terminals. Obviousely this will disable the tamper feature at that detector, but it would still detect a tamper of the detector cable.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest wetpanda

Right all the connections are checked and tightened, I wrote down the colours and terminals b4 I disconnected them so I know they are to the right terminals.

The PIR dosen't use a spring it is a Mercury PIR and it uses a push switch with a small metal sprung plate.

I tried connecting the 2 tamper wires together, and this time it dosen't lock out the RKP when I press reset but when I then try to arm the alarm, all the zone lights come on and it just beeps a continuous 4 beep cycle and dosent arm, I then have to enter the code again.

Mark

Does the led on the detector work ?, if not you may have blown the aux supply fuse , this could also have corrupted the programmed data , try the default code 0123 , if this works , then you will require the original fitter to re-program your system. :( if not ......doh!.

Guest wetpanda

That's fixed it, it was the fuse on the detector supply, it looked OK, but when I took it out it was blown. I have now replaced it and everything is back as it should be.

Thanks for all your help.

Mark.

Thanks for the closure. You could have done what one of my customers did , and call me out in the evening , claiming that "it just went beep , then stopped working" , the giveaway was the landing detector that had moved 6 feet around the corner ( his wife didnt like it where it was!!) :wacko:

Archived