Security Installer Community

System Q Performa Camera Or Cop's Day/night Cam

Alexg

Got an area that has a medium level of sodium lighting.

Which should I go for, System Q's Colour performa camera, 550TVL, 0.3 lux

Or

Cop's day/night camera 570TVL (I'm guessing the colour day time is lower lines) & 0.001 lux

Regards, Alex.

Guest Rockford

I don't know anything about the SystemQ jobber, but having used that exact COP cam... :hmm: What can I say, I actually think its quite good! COP always get a slating, but honestly they're good to deal with and that camera; well, it just isn't too bad! You probably need to be quite careful about lens choice with it though...

I don't know anything about the SystemQ jobber, but having used that exact COP cam... :hmm: What can I say, I actually think its quite good! COP always get a slating, but honestly they're good to deal with and that camera; well, it just isn't too bad! You probably need to be quite careful about lens choice with it though...

Thanks :) I was going to get their 'varifocal direct drive day/night ir coated lense' is that any good? it's going to be used with sodium lighting.

Guest Rockford
Thanks :) I was going to get their 'varifocal direct drive day/night ir coated lense' is that any good? it's going to be used with sodium lighting.

I don't see why not, but honestly having never used that lens, its hard for me to garantee! I really don't see why it'd be a problem provided its not looking directly at the light source... If you want extra reassurance though, you could ask COP directly...

It really depends on how much reflective light you have in the area you want to cover, if you have sufficient light for the colour setting of the day night camera, then it will never change to mono (unless you can set the switching level).

If the lighting is adequate, then a high resolution colour camera with a decent AI lens should do fine.

If the light source is not permanent and you will end up looking into darkness then a day/night camera would be better, but even then you might need additional IR lighting if you want to see whats going on.

Many thanks guys,

Rather than start a new topic, wonder if you guys can answer this.

With cable managed brackets, how do you keep coax and 240 seperate?

Thanks.

You cant really and wont be able to although depending on the make they do offer more than one grommet to poke through but thats as far as seperation goes.

If your using decent quality coax then you wont suffer any interference anyway on such a short distance. I can think of quite a few CCTV installations where i have been told to run the coax with the mains cables without any problems, one of which was an RG59 run of slightly over 350mtrs of which the bulk was alongside mains cables, which have not caused any problems (yet).

Its more a case of in an ideal world dont do it rather than never.

I never understand why people want to fit mains fed camera's or housings these days anyway, its just not sensible in my opinion.

As for using COP cameras, well i dont anymore, for a few reasons, the main one being i find they oversell or overstate what there kit can do.

Classic example was needing 4 cameras in a working mans club concert room, lighting problems all the way with low lights and disco lights plus the glitter ball on the ceiling. COP said use the Starlight Camera, ideal for nightclubs etc, so i did but it wasnt ideal. Infact they were pants once the lights were dimmed and the turns came on with the disco lights, but i got away with it as i couldnt think of a better solution. The Club asked for another 2 cameras and i tried using Dynamics Day/Night own brand which was new at the time and it was far superior.

And i can vouch for the latest version which is even better again, same unit as the Samsung 415 but cheaper.

As for System Q, (no bloody system that works for me as ive found) still waiting for a catalogue, not sure if the website registered me or not so i gave up.

Thanks for the info Ian, much appriciated.

Your install had quite tricky lighting conditions, think the day/night cameras in a moderatly lit sodium area should be ok?

Lots of reasons to still use 240v, long cable runs.

240v usefull at camera head for additional lighting.

If done properly its perfectly safe to work on the camera with it engergised.

Lots of reasons to still use 240v, long cable runs.

Local 12\24V power supplies.

240v usefull at camera head for additional lighting.

Nothing to do with the voltage of the camera.

If done properly its perfectly safe to work on the camera with it engergised.

Safer to work with 12\24V though. Accidents do happen and people die, not worth taking the extra risk when perched atop a ladder.

So, as Ian says, I see no reason to use 230V cameras and housing.

Local 12\24V power supplies.

Nothing to do with the voltage of the camera.

Safer to work with 12\24V though. Accidents do happen and people die, not worth taking the extra risk when perched atop a ladder.

So, as Ian says, I see no reason to use 230V cameras and housing.

On a totally unrelated matter anyone know how many amps the Vista VCMH24F housing draws :P ?

Where can you buy a 24v AC metal cased PSU, Norbain and Borsatec don't seeme to do one.

Archived