Security Installer Community

System Q Performa Camera Or Cop's Day/night Cam

Alexg

Alex you really ought to pull your finger out and do the research yourself, took me all of 5 mins to correct your previous post.

Vista VCMH24F according to the pdf on Norbains site is 24v ac 30W (I=P/V) therefore 1.25 amps is the draw.

A suitable metal clad 24v ac psu was easily found on Norbains web site Dantech DA381 which will give you 1 x 2A output for the heater and another for the camera.

Let me know when you want the install sorted out and i will come and do that for you too.

Alex you really ought to pull your finger out and do the research yourself, took me all of 5 mins to correct your previous post.

Vista VCMH24F according to the pdf on Norbains site is 24v ac 30W (I=P/V) therefore 1.25 amps is the draw.

A suitable metal clad 24v ac psu was easily found on Norbains web site Dantech DA381 which will give you 1 x 2A output for the heater and another for the camera.

Let me know when you want the install sorted out and i will come and do that for you too.

Lol Ian, sorry :)

The PDF I found on Norbains site only states the wattage of the 240v one, not the 24v one....look at the pdf again?

I found the PSU too, I'll get the 4A one...

Well that's jolly nice of you, would certainaly make in easier :P

The PDF I found on Norbains site only states the wattage of the 240v one, not the 24v one....look at the pdf again

No, you need to look at the PDF again! It does show the power consumption for ALL housing heaters as being a 30Watt heating element.

Im really interested to know what your trade training was in now as surely it wasnt an electrical discipline.

Ian :) maybe we're looking at a different PDF, care to link it?

LOL! sorry mate, I don't mean to come accross like I don't know anything, thats the trouble with forum's. I don't think my disability to find information should be an indication that I'm not sutibly trained though Ian.

I hold C&G 2381, 2391, 2330 & I have a JIB gold card.

I hold CCNA all levels.

Ian :) maybe we're looking at a different PDF, care to link it?

LOL! sorry mate, I don't mean to come accross like I don't know anything, thats the trouble with forum's. I don't think my disability to find information should be an indication that I'm not sutibly trained though Ian.

I hold C&G 2381, 2391, 2330 & I have a JIB gold card.

I hold CCNA all levels.

VCMH Range of External Housings Datasheet - (05/2003)

Gotta get the digs in while i can im knocking on now.............. :rolleyes:

Lol, it's cool Ian...you've got to admit that PDF looks like thats the wattage for the 24v one is left off and the only one they show is the 240v one...

Do you do fire systems? maybe you can help me in my post in the fire alarm pannel section.

Lol, it's cool Ian...you've got to admit that PDF looks like thats the wattage for the 24v one is left off and the only one they show is the 240v one...

Do you do fire systems? maybe you can help me in my post in the fire alarm pannel section.

No i dont agree, it shows that its a 30w heater in all of that type of housing, thats what i see. maybe its a bit like the mosquitto thing where it only affects younger eyes? :no:

As for the firealarm thread, your dead right, metal ties and metal clips, no plastic, trying to get them back to put that right is a whole different ball game you will find.

Nope, Ian is definitely 100% correct. The wattage panel refers to all housings. So, 30W it is then. ;) It's not just Norbain that do that, loads of spec sheets draw up tables in this manner, I'm surprised you haven't come across it before.

Nope, Ian is definitely 100% correct. The wattage panel refers to all housings. So, 30W it is then. ;) It's not just Norbain that do that, loads of spec sheets draw up tables in this manner, I'm surprised you haven't come across it before.

Ok thanks, I suppose that makes sense if it's wattage for all the housing so then you just divide it by what ever voltage your buying.

OK, thanks guys.

Archived