Security Installer Community

Adt Pay??

scoobs

so i take it you are //.National Installer.// security services...call seems a better deal than //.National Installer.// uk....except the travel time..37,5 hrs is norm here...

ps.is the icentre as good as it looks..?

The callout has some perks, since we don't do bells only, and it's emergency dispatch only, and I can refuse non-emergency calls at discretion.

I was working abroad for a while (sounds like the beginning of a good joke) :P and making better than my rate (leadman) since the other office where I was working out of had such a large backlog, until I was injured OTJ, when I returned home for surgery and to recover.

The drive time, while technically worse, generally I'm home an hour or two before the shift end, and I still get paid for the same day's work.

The Icenter (centre for you Brits) is the cat's ass. I posted it in the "talk about panels" topic. It's capable of a lot of stuff, including acting as a TCP/IP monitoring gateway and allowing net content on the website, as well as a lot of other features. The units that have been posted with the 16 button keypad underneath are no longer made, it's all touchscreen now. The unit interfaces with quite a few levels of panels.

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg, there's a lot more stuff that is out there with the other manu's out there. //.National Installer.// is conservative with what it brings to market, and I've installed nicer stuff quite often privately.

Guest Cerberus NI
All trade insurances are covered by the Co. Medical and dental, as well as life insurances are pro-rated and paid by the company. I'm paying approximately $130/month for that. My medical is excellent, as far as out of pocket goes, very cheap.

The company pays for all the trade license renewals and continuing education fees.

I am also a member of a collective bargaining agreement (union) and I have a whole work contract with standards, hours of work and pay.

OT is after 8 hours, have to provide 45 mins drive time in the AM/PM, and 40 hours is standard.

Callouts are handled as $135 for being on "standby", calls are minimum of 1/2 hr OT for each call recieved, 1/2 hr for returning a call to a customer, and 3 hrs minimum OT for a call out, starting from the time the call comes in until the time returning home.

Is the $135 per night?The UK is 45 hours at flat rate per week which depends on your grade on the monetary value of being in call.

Is the $135 per night?The UK is 45 hours at flat rate per week which depends on your grade on the monetary value of being in call.

$135/week right now for keeping my phone on for the week after 10 PM, it's going to go up the next contract with the union. OT is handled in either a call or a callout. Any time the CS calls me, it's automatically 1/2 hr OT, even if it's a 5 minute affair. The call (if needed) to the customer is another 1/2 hr OT. We don't carry grades or segregate the intruder and fire work, as it's all the same, just different codes to meet CCTV and access is also under the same umbrella.

Keep in mind, there's intrensic differences in the equipment, and the NA panels seldom need an engineer (installer). There's also a different level of functionality which I'm not going to get into, but every attempt is done to avoid an after hours callout, it's only a last resort. Either it's a life safety issue or device (integrated FA/burg systems) or it's a chargable affair.

Calls can always be refused, unless it's paid up front.

Generally, I'm on call for 5 weeks a year, and generally get about 4 calls a year unless it's an exceptionally busy thing, such as a bad storm.

Also, people on this side of the pond are cheap, when it works out to $250 + parts for me to show up for the first time increment.

Found out i'd be a grade 4.............Wohoooooooooo

you done well there...service or install??

Generally, I'm on call for 5 weeks a year, and generally get about 4 calls a year unless it's an exceptionally busy thing, such as a bad storm.

im doing about 36-40weeks and that would be about 1400 calls a year and thats without a storm...where do i send my visa application too... :hmm:

im doing about 36-40weeks and that would be about 1400 calls a year and thats without a storm...where do i send my visa application too... :hmm:

I have just totted up from my rota, 50 day's over the year, i.e 10 weeks.

Oh, and we are averaging 2 calls per shift.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

you done well there...service or install??

With that many calls, I would find another line of work! I worked for a co. that had alternating weeks, and at best it would be a call/week.

If you send your application and credentials to:

21-23 OLD NICHOL STREET.

SHOREDITCH,

LONDON,E2 7HR.

UK.

:gimme:

With that many calls, I would find another line of work! I worked for a co. that had alternating weeks, and at best it would be a call/week.

If you send your application and credentials to:

21-23 OLD NICHOL STREET.

SHOREDITCH,

LONDON,E2 7HR.

UK.

:gimme:

:roflmao:

Guest Cerberus NI
Found out i'd be a grade 4.............Wohoooooooooo

Well done.......but I'll bet there's a guy there stuck on a 3 for ages!!!!

Well done.......but I'll bet there's a guy there stuck on a 3 for ages!!!!

Archived