Security Installer Community

Adt Pay??

scoobs

Hi guys just thinking about taking a job with //.National Installer.// in the south west.....does anyone know what they are paying their engineers these days so i dont get shafted??

cheers Scoobs

depends how good you are..if service expect between 17-20k basic..upto 25-35k if doing call and how much you do...i know lads making 40-50k per year on service....tho they put the work in....it can be done..

Unrelated, but here it's

$50K US, + callouts and on call/standby pay, they furnish vehicle (goes home with us) and all but hand (crimps, screwdrivers, etc) tools.

I've easily cleared $75K.

Unrelated, but here it's

$50K US, + callouts and on call/standby pay, they furnish vehicle (goes home with us) and all but hand (crimps, screwdrivers, etc) tools.

I've easily cleared $75K.

more unrelated (but i have been more off topic as well.. :roflmao: )

do you pay your insurances yourself like health care, unemployment, etc..?

and how much is it approximately there?

:question:

depends how good you are..if service expect between 17-20k basic..upto 25-35k if doing call and how much you do...i know lads making 40-50k per year on service....tho they put the work in....it can be done..

I've got 10 years experience in the Industry so what sort of hourly rate should i expect??

I'm quite willing to do call out etc...is it the norm with //.National Installer.// to have every hour after midnight off the next day?

I've got 10 years experience in the Industry so what sort of hourly rate should i expect??

You will be made an offer based on various thing's including but not limited to experience, competence, attitude, previous salary and //.National Installer.//'s need to fill any vacancy.

I'm quite willing to do call out etc...is it the norm with //.National Installer.// to have every hour after midnight off the next day?
Yes, it is in your terms and conditions should you be lucky enough to be offered the position.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Been left a while now but they have a graded system:

Grade 2,3,4,5

With your 10yrs I would expect at least a grade 4 !!!

I was shafted with a grade 2 :angry2:

Loads of overtime when I was there too so earnings could be good !!!

Yes you should get time off the next day if your out past midnight

more unrelated (but i have been more off topic as well.. :roflmao: )

do you pay your insurances yourself like health care, unemployment, etc..?

and how much is it approximately there?

:question:

All trade insurances are covered by the Co. Medical and dental, as well as life insurances are pro-rated and paid by the company. I'm paying approximately $130/month for that. My medical is excellent, as far as out of pocket goes, very cheap.

The company pays for all the trade license renewals and continuing education fees.

I am also a member of a collective bargaining agreement (union) and I have a whole work contract with standards, hours of work and pay.

OT is after 8 hours, have to provide 45 mins drive time in the AM/PM, and 40 hours is standard.

Callouts are handled as $135 for being on "standby", calls are minimum of 1/2 hr OT for each call recieved, 1/2 hr for returning a call to a customer, and 3 hrs minimum OT for a call out, starting from the time the call comes in until the time returning home.

All trade insurances are covered by the Co. Medical and dental, as well as life insurances are pro-rated and paid by the company. I'm paying approximately $130/month for that. My medical is excellent, as far as out of pocket goes, very cheap.

The company pays for all the trade license renewals and continuing education fees.

I am also a member of a collective bargaining agreement (union) and I have a whole work contract with standards, hours of work and pay.

OT is after 8 hours, have to provide 45 mins drive time in the AM/PM, and 40 hours is standard.

Callouts are handled as $135 for being on "standby", calls are minimum of 1/2 hr OT for each call recieved, 1/2 hr for returning a call to a customer, and 3 hrs minimum OT for a call out, starting from the time the call comes in until the time returning home.

so i take it you are //.National Installer.// security services...call seems a better deal than //.National Installer.// uk....except the travel time..37,5 hrs is norm here...

ps.is the icentre as good as it looks..?

Grade 2,3,4,5

With your 10yrs I would expect at least a grade 4 !!!

I was shafted with a grade 2 :angry2:

Do you know what hourly rate a grade 3 and a grade 4 would be???

Can you PM me if you dont want to disclose wages on the board?

cheers Scoobs

Archived