Security Installer Community

TV EYE 4000

Got this email this morning.

> > Dear Dave,

> >

> > I have a "Response Electronics" TV EYE 4000 with a light & buzzer and a

> TV4000 VCR controller.

> > I am told that Response Electronics has been wound up now.

> > The problem is that I cannot find the instructions leaflet for the VCR

> controller.

> > I need to set up the learn feature?

> >

> > Can you help ?

Anyone got these manuals....?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 1 month later...

Hi, just become a new member so unsure of what to do .... anyway

I too have some of the Response Electronics stuff ....

Is the tv4000 vcr controller the same item as the tv1000 controller

I use a mixture of the older cameras (mini din) and a butchered tv eye 4000

camera (newer scart/rj11 bits) ...

these are connected to the older distribution box, switcher box, sound and buzzer unit and the vcr controller. How do I get the info to you assuming its what you want

I guess the instructions may be the same .... all I do know is that the older pir cameras (mini din ) are not compatible with the newer (rj11) pir cameras as they

changed the polarity of the trigger voltage ...groan

regards

Eddy

• 1 month later...
Guest Mark-Brown

Further to this enquiry I have actually spoken to ADE yesterday and I thought you guys might be interested. ADE/Novar do not carry stocks of old Response Electronics TV Eye 4000 equipment. I have a four Camera B&W PIR activated system with VCR Controller, TV Aerial Modulator & Switch box.

I have had this nearly four years for external use and, despite claims of the Cameras being Weatherproof, one of them has condensation problems when cold. One other has become shortsighted! I contacted ADE to obtain replacements but, alas, there are none. It is obselete.

What is more the alternatives offered by ADE do have a reversed polarity to the PIR trigger voltage. The connectors have also now changed from the old round mini-DIN to the newer telephone-style connectors. However, it is not all bad news. The new cameras are compatible on picture electronics so you can replace them as standalone units onto the old TV Eye 400 Switch Box but the PIR trigger won't work. You will, of course, have to wire in the existing wiring.... I haven't tried this yet so I don't know how easy that will be. I assume that, as many of us may be seeking replacements for faulty units then the requirement to splice new-to-old, without replacing either wiring or the entire system, may be common.

ADE also advise that, if I wish to replace all four cameras and switch box then I can do that without any nasty wire splicing exercises. The switch box is compatible to the old TV Eye 4000 system including VCR Controller.

I have copies of all original documentation to most TV Eye 4000 components. If ANYONE needs copies drop me a line and I will try and send you a copy.

The ADE CCTV system discussed is ONLY available (retail) from outlets of Wickes. The product is branded as Wickes own-brand. This may NOT be the same as that sold at "Focus DIY" so check. You will have to visit the store. The Wickes website will tell you nothing.

Best regards,

Mark Brown

• 3 months later...
Guest 3ddy

Hi.

Thanks Mark for your information and time spent sending the docs.

The TV4000slb unit works fine when I spliced in a 3rd party Camera, however I was not able to use the additional alarm function whereby an external alarm connection either N.C. or N.O. can be made to either sound the alarm or B: trip the videostarter. I tried without a camera and with a camera but no response to

anything nc or no on the socket. I assume it can trip the VS, anyone know or own one of these units?

Regards

Eddy

Archived