Security Installer Community

Views on wireless

Guest Steve Wales

Guest TheHat

I know 'cause I do my research, so I can offer the best prices, as I said I am major user of the equipment and can pass on the savings to others.

Regards

Mark

I also think this forum is excellent!! Needs to get more publicity to build up the membership, but I am sure that this will happen.

It makes a change to see a Forum with sensible people and comments and not the usual rubbish from people that don't have a clue.

Yeah we have a relatively small amount of registered users, but each one so far has turned out to be a gem, perhaps its because people are able to browse almost all the Forum as Guests that not too many are bothering to join. Thing is I didnt want to force membership, so I even created a Guests Forum.

Youd be surprissed just how many Guests browse through the forums.

Anyone got Any suggestions on getting better publicity....?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Affinity

Dave everytine I contact an Installer or Engineer I mention the site and give him the address. Also wheen I am sending mailshots out to areas around the country I am mentioning the site. I have covered south east London so far and the rest of London should be done this week together with Scotland

Linda.

I have put a permanent site address for you on my letters :D you gonna buy me a cup of tea at IFSEC now lol :rolleyes:

:unsure: I have a customer who displays fine art at hotels & similar locations on the odd weekend. Value of paintings is high, and he wants to protect the room whilst it is locked overnight. I have been considering a wireless system in a briefcase type situation with a couple of wireless PIR's.

Would you recommend a PowerMax in this situation or is it a little overkill having a 30-zone panel for two or three PIR's?

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

you could use the Powermax, but i`d suggest waiting for the new Texecom panel to be released. Its not announced yet. Probably waiting for IFSEC.

Again itll be a little bit of an overkill for whats required but will have the features of the powermax with the advantage of a built in mobile. So not only will it trigger any sounders connected itll also phone him up and let him know.

Thanks Dave - will make some enqs with Texecom when I visit IFSEC.

Regards.

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest TheHat

Dave

I don't know where you got your info from, but I have spoken to Texecom Sales, Technical and the Rep and they don't know anything about a new panel like the 'Powermax', infact they have no plans to even get involved in Wireless Systems.

As far as I am aware, the only panel with the same features as the Powermax IS the Powermax although they will be releasing an updated version which is Class 6 on the 869Mhz frequency and has more features including GSM module and more x-10 control plus it will be DD243 compliant, plus loads more new features.

I will be getting 6 panels very soon for field testing and wondered if anyone in the Forums would like to take part. Field testing is carried out by my company for all the visonic wireless products and you will be expected to fully test the system and report your findings to me on a weekly basis. Obviously you will be supplied the system foc and will be able to keep the system once testing is over and the system goes into full production.

If your are interested and have worked with Wireless Systems in the past please mail me at mark@htasystems.com do not post in the forum.

Regards

Mark

HTA Systems Ltd.

Well what can i say, other than ive actually seen the brochure given to my local supplier who had just returned from a pre sales Demonstration of this new panel. Perhaps i might have got my lines crossed but i very much doubt it as he currently only stocks Texecom equipment. Ill pop back to see him in the next few days and make a few further enquiries. <_

Archived