Security Installer Community

Views on wireless

Guest Steve Wales

I have used most of the popular stuff from Scantronic, and Menvier but to be honest have been fairly dissapointed with there overall performance and reliabillity.

Our other Engineer has recently fitted a couple of these, VISONIC POWERMAX CONTROL- PANEL

powermax.jpg

And he`s been really impressed with there performance and ease of installation.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Affinity

At the moment we are looking into all sorts of systems from around the world I will keep you posted and send you any info when we have it

Linda

Guest simmo

I've fitted a few Menvier TS690R's, and have had a few call backs on them, I find the panel is fine, I seem to get problems with the wireless PIR's. The universal transmitters seem to work fine all the time.

Does the VISONIC POWERMAX CONTROL PANEL, come with the same sort of extras as the Scantronic stuff, ie remote fobs etc? and whats the cost on these panels?

I've never used the Scantronic 500r, as I've always preffered the TS690R any conclusions, are they any better/user friendly, as there is a large price difference between the two panels.

cheers all

Simmo

Guest securityconsultant

Cant say im a great fan of wireless, It all works ( just) but you will have call backs even if its just a detedtor bat gone flat.

You doidn't say the type of building or the location its in, The location itself can cause probs avoid bening near taxis hospitals and the like all of which can give RF probs.

If its an old house with thick walls again more probs.

The manvier 690s not bad. But if its a small system the scantronic 500r takes some beating but they do tend to suffer RF issues that said if you don't need it to be class6 you can turn off the rf jamming and not compromise the system too much

Hope it helps

Dave

Guest simmo

cheers Dave,

No I'm not a fan of wireless either, though in this case I had no choice ground floor flat, wooden floors throughout. Yes all the obvious has been checked but sometimes I think wireless has a mind of its own. I prefer a wired system, even though it takes longer to install.

cheers

Simmo

Guest TheHat

As a major installer of Wireless Intruder systems for the past 3 years, this includes New Builds direct for the builder, Domestic and Class 6 Commercial, I can honestly say that the Powermax is far the most popular and easy to sell system I have ever installed.

The fact that it combines Security, Communication and Home Automation in a Wireless system make it the best product on the market.

We have carried out 'feild trials' on all the Visonic Code Secure products at Visonics request including products that are not yet in production and have found the system to be excellent, both in quality and reliabilty, as a QA Company we can prove our returns rate.

With an average Battery life of 5 years the system is as reliable as any Wired System, and with the added features of the Powermax it is far superior.

Due to the fact that we are installing many of these systems, we have decided to pass our cost savings onto other installers.

You can view our prices on our web site at www.htasystems.com and if you are serious about installing the system we can also arrange a full Demo and Training . The prices on our site are for single system purchases, if you would like Trade Prices, send an e-mail of the quantaties and proof that you are a security installer and we will contact you by phone with our trade price list.

This system is the future of Intruder Systems, because the customer wants more then 'Just An Alarm System'.

Anyone that says the system is NOT reliable has not installed one. If you want to beat the competition you have to sell something differnet and Powermax is THE difference!!!!!!

Regards

TheHat

or Mark as I known when I am not on the net.........

Guest TheHat

I just noticed this in one of the posts....

"You doidn't say the type of building or the location its in, The location itself can cause probs avoid bening near taxis hospitals and the like all of which can give RF probs."

To make a point...I have installed the Powermax System at Brize Norton RAF Base, a place where Nimrods with all the Frequency Jamming Gear known to man fly from,

Numerous Hospitals and even at a Taxi Office and have not had a single problem...Like I said before...are you fitting the right equipment??

The point about the type of building is correct, but there are repeater units available for the Powermax that can overcome most problems with range issues.

Regards

TheHat

Hmmmmmm Had a look at your site Mark, then did a quick Google search, the first other uk site i came accross was selling your £166.50 system for £148.50, and thats a single unit price. (I stand Corrected: see Below)

Ive been Specifying Visionic Wireless equipment for years, its always been the best in my books.

Linda I`d consider putting the Powermax on your list of Panels to sell.

The Visonic Powermax system is now without doubt the very best wireless home security system on the market today and certainly in this price range. Our customers consistently have told us how impressed they are, but don't take our word for it just try it and see for yourself for 30 days. In fact it is not just an alarm system, it can also be a home automation system as it supports X10 protocol via an optional interface. (X10 is fast becoming a world standard for data control of home appliance and lamp switching among other remote control solutions via mains encoded data or radio) The range of features and ease of installation easily gives this our highest five stars recommendation. It really does not matter if you have a one bedroom flat, a 12 bedroom country manor house, or even small commercial use as the system can be expanded with up to 16 signal boosters and 29 wireless detection devices.

PowerMax

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest TheHat

If you look at the prices, you will see that the company selling the Powermax at £148.50 is for the Solo, not the Compact.

My Solo price is £145.00 but as I said I can also supply at a lower price for Trade customers, although we very rarely sell a Solo Panel as most people require a Contact and Fob as part of any basic install, and these are included in the Powermax Compact Kit.

Take another look.

Regards

Mark

Archived