Security Installer Community

Pc Based Dvrs

ackers

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which PC based DVR systems are recommended at the moment i have four or five CCTV installs to do and all the customers want PC based ! due to the fact its so easy to use.Iam not looking to network from a stand alone DVR i am looking at supplying the PC ready to run!

Any info would be a great help.

Trade Intruder Member

due to the fact its so easy to use.

BLOODY blunt THAT IS ABSOLUTELY BULLSToes!!!

sorry i know it is absolutely forebidden to swear in public forums but for this i will gladly take a warning.

DVR being PC based does not make it easy to use! It is only a USER INTERFACE that matters. Ask your customer if they can define a difference between "computer" based DVR and Standalone DVR!

Can you tell me the difference?

Both have a processor, operation system, mass storage, graphical user interface, etc..

Ive installed a li-lin machine and it was not bad at all, that was easy to use.

I would imagine this is similar.

http://www.meritlilin.com/english/produtcs/products_dvr.htm

http://www.meritlilin.com/products/zip/16PE.pdf

BLOODY blunt THAT IS ABSOLUTELY //.B.W.F.//!!!

sorry i know it is absolutely forebidden to swear in public forums but for this i will gladly take a warning.

DVR being PC based does not make it easy to use! It is only a USER INTERFACE that matters. Ask your customer if they can define a difference between "computer" based DVR and Standalone DVR!

Can you tell me the difference?

Both have a processor, operation system, mass storage, graphical user interface, etc..

Chill ya boots ya mentalist!

Stand alone DVR's usually come with front buttons and maybe a jog shuttle for the user interface.

The gui will usually be cursor controlled, tabbing through the interface.

A pc dvr feels easier to use for people that generally can work a PC, using the mouse gives the user more control over the system. In my oppinion from a users point of view, a majority would probably want to use a mouse if they were using the system frequently.

Chill ya boots ya mentalist!

Stand alone DVR's usually come with front buttons and maybe a jog shuttle for the user interface.

The gui will usually be cursor controlled, tabbing through the interface.

A pc dvr feels easier to use for people that generally can work a PC, using the mouse gives the user more control over the system. In my oppinion from a users point of view, a majority would probably want to use a mouse if they were using the system frequently.

yes, usually and possibly. but that does not automatically make a "PC based" dvr more user friendly than "stand alone".

maybe we would like to talk about WINDOWS based DVR's and OTHER OS based DVR's?

yes, usually and possibly. but that does not automatically make a "PC based" dvr more user friendly than "stand alone".

maybe we would like to talk about WINDOWS based DVR's and OTHER OS based DVR's?

Bearing in mind his only option and requirement is a PC based DVR, i.e. one which uses a motherboard and uses capture cards is presumed, but there may be a stand alone DVR that uses a mouse for control, the principle of using it with a mouse stays the same.

What would you reccomend?

a stand alone DVR that uses a mouse for control, the principle of using it with a mouse stays the same.

Do you know of a good DVR with simple mouse control?

DINA (windows based and all)

has motherboard and capture cards

a stand alone DVR that uses a mouse for control, the principle of using it with a mouse stays the same.

Do you know of a good DVR with simple mouse control?

Vision Factory Cameo D1. Tad expensive tho

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

one which uses a motherboard and uses capture cards is presumed,

err - EVERY DVR regardless is it "PC based" or "stand alone", "windows", "lindows", "OS2" "embedded linux", "linux", "unix" or whatever has motherboard, capture cards, and OS just like your microwave owen (except your microwave owen has microwave generator instead of video capture card).

Only difference i can make between DVR's categorically is OS they are running on and if packing is hardware or software based.

but there may be a stand alone DVR that uses a mouse for control, the principle of using it with a mouse stays the same.

What would you reccomend?

none what i know.

How many Cameras do you need to record?

Vicon do the Kollector Pro range of Digital recorders that will record 16 Channels + Audio. It is a PC based standalone or Networkable unit that uses an XP Embedded O/S. You control it just like a PC with a mouse and Keyboard.

http://www.vicon-cctv.com/pages/prodindex-frame.html

Jelly Belly

http://www.software4cctv.co.uk

Archived