Security Installer Community

Pc Based Dvrs

ackers

• 2 weeks later...
System Qs new DVR365 has mouse control

Yep, the new DVR365 can use a USB mouse it does make set up a lot easier and faster.

It is the the new 2nd gereation DVR365 that can easily be identified by its dark grey/back case. (Picture now on www.dvr365.com)

New models are shipped with a free optical mouse on a retractable lead.

System Q Ltd.

• 1 month later...
Guest CHEAPERTRACKS.COM

But you can't beat Boratec for PC based or Panasonic for standalone, both extremely reliable but expensive!

Guest tracytye

If you are looking for a modular syste, Incident Video Systems have a modular unit (1 to 4 channels per unit) that is truly plug and play. You power it up and it boots and starts recording, no setup, no tinkering..you don't even need to plug a keyboard and mouse into it.

These modular units can be connected via LAN to a PC running control software (for playback etc) on "normal" CCTV monitors (for better quality review) and also its a database for archiving video incidents.

It can also integrate into CCTV systems and controlled by CCTV keyboards...much easier than a keyboard, mouse and flaky windows all in one package.

good luck

TT

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which PC based DVR systems are recommended at the moment i have four or five CCTV installs to do and all the customers want PC based ! due to the fact its so easy to use.Iam not looking to network from a stand alone DVR i am looking at supplying the PC ready to run!

Any info would be a great help.

Guest netvisiondvr

personally,PC_DVR is easy to use.if your customer require PC_DVR,i recommd you use it.for it,you can use a pcs 4/8 channels DVR card,which type you will use depending on how many cameras you will set up,it is indeed very easy as you say.

Archived