Security Installer Community

H.264 V Other Compression Techiques

Taylormade

• 3 weeks later...
LJD have just bought a container load from China

I know I company that will be selling the same units very soon so drop me an email and I will fill you in with more details. FairbairnRbrt@aol.com

For more details check out http://www.hikvision.com

Which company will that be?

Do they have them in as yet?

cheers

Guest Tina Hu

The video card adopted H.264 compression can get good performance not only video quality but also hard disk space. especially for motion record, although in order to reduce the size of record files , it has to loss somtething else(one of my friends who majored in the research on cell fissility,maybe it is not suitable for her) but that is enough to our customers who focus on the object or nature motiones.

we provide a test of our DVR cards and software on line for free:

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/reg/reg.htm

any problem,MSN us:netdvr@hotmail.com

I like to keep at the cutting edge of technology and keep upto date on my products, I have noticed LJD have recently released the Colossus range of DVR which uses H.264 compression. The sent me a mail shot which in short said that other compression techniquies were not worth using. System Q also have a new DVR comming out in Feb 06 this uses Jpeg 2000 compression. The new compression seems good but I dont really like to but from LJD.

Has anyone used the particular models I have mentioned or had any experience with the 2 compression formats.

Both compression format are theoretically meant to be better for evidential use in court because they do not use the "predictive" copmression techniques used by MPEG and wavelet methods, although this is not universally agreed by courts/police. JPEG2000 is one of the highest resolution methods since it basically records lots of still JPEG images. H.264 will be much more efficient (i.e. need far less hard disc space).

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Archived