Security Installer Community

Can anyone help?

Guest dao

I need to get hold of an installation manual for a Scantronic 9448+.

I've registered on the cooper web site and received two usernames and passwords but am still not allowed to log in. Contacting Cooper I get no help at all (they don't know why I'm not able to log in and offer me yet another user/pass)

This is the first time I've had to deal with this alarm and would like to know what I'm doing (or at least find any funny quirks I may come up against) before I get going.

TIA all.

Wow! that was quick. Thank you.

I must say I'm not very impressed with the Cooper people, have you guys had any dealings with them?

I'm working for a property owner, installing/upgrading systems in his properties but in one of the houses he's just bought there is a 9448 installed + working (diy installisation) As I have never used the systems before (we use optima for cost and reliability) just wanted to have all available information to hand.

Once again, thank you. :)

Wow i thought it would never happen, someone used the words Optima and Reliability in the same sentence ! :o

My boss has got 22 installed and for the 2 years I've worked for him we've had 1 failure (due to the board not due to 'human' factors)

Our boss has hundreds in his database, its supprising just how reliable they can be when correctly maintained.

The Accenta 8`s went through a bad patch with the ribbon cable to the keypad being faulty on install, but prior to that we never had any problems.

It seems to me they are cheap & reliable alarm panels, I have only had to replace 3 in the 6 years i`ve worked for my current company.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

For the type of people staying in the houses it's an adequate system and they can stand some pretty hard handling.

Dave, is it possible you can send me the '+style ' installation manual cos it's that I'm overhalling next week

Thanks, Tony.

Guest oldtimer

I have had an Optima 2+ in my house for 14 years and apart from changing the battery

every 5 years no probs.

And on this point I have noticed some of my Avenger micro 3 delux panels are throwing their hand in after 13-15 years. So if a washing machine lasts about 5 years what does my educated readers think a panel should last or have I opened a can of worms here.

Also a point to note. Many years ago I worked for Thorn Security and all the engineers who had served their time with Thorn always rubbished any other manufacturer of alarm panels. So is this a sign of snobbery or ignorance.

Remember when the first Optim popped up 20 od years ago its big selling point was that it was reliable and good value for money. I agree that ADE lost their way when they tried to re-badge it as the Accenta 6.

Archived