Security Installer Community

Resetting Scantronic 9448+ Tamper

Guest Guest_Dan_*

Guest Guest_Dan_*

Hi, I have triggered the tamper light by removing the cover to the alarm box (I know I know!) so would be grateful if someone could either tell me how to fix or probably better still let me know if there is a decent alarm servicer in the Haslemere,Surrey area who could come and service/reset the alarm.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Providing all the tampers are closed (lid in your case) entering your code should reset the system.

Thanks for the quick reply Norman, unfortunately that hasn't done the trick. Any other ideas?

Regs

WARNING; 240V - MAINS VOLTAGE - ARE INSIDE THE COVER. DO NOT POKE FINGERS ONTO TERMINALS. IF IN DOUBT CONTACT A COMPETENT PERSON :'(

make sure that the battery terminals are both on securely - a tamper fault (i think) can also be caused by battery fault.

is the spring (the tamper switch) on the pcb still in position

if yes when you push in (use insulated screwdriver NOT fingers)

then this proves tamper switch is ok, check if tamper light stops flashing once code is entered, just make sure it is pushed in when lid shut

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

WARNING; 240V - MAINS VOLTAGE - ARE INSIDE THE COVER. DO NOT POKE FINGERS ONTO TERMINALS. IF IN DOUBT CONTACT A COMPETENT PERSON :'(

make sure that the battery terminals are both on securely - a tamper fault (i think) can also be caused by battery fault.

is the spring (the tamper switch) on the pcb still in position

if yes when you push in (use insulated screwdriver NOT fingers)

then this proves tamper switch is ok, check if tamper light stops flashing once code is entered, just make sure it is pushed in when lid shut

paul

Thanks for your replies, will investigate in the morning!

Archived