Security Installer Community

Texecom Proximity Tags - How Do They Work

Guest heliart

Guest heliart

I'm a little puzzled about the use of Texecom proximity tags.

So, you buy them in a pack of 5, and I assume they come preprogrammed.

So, do I use a remote keypad that can read their code, and then program that code into the panel for user access?

The manual really does not cover this at all.

Thanks.

Guest aechlin

The tags have all got a unique identifier in them. You program the remote keypad to accept the tags. The system places the tag next to a user code, so you have the option of using the code or the tag. Installation instructions/setup would come with the proximity kit, which would includes a plug in module that sits in the RKP.

Guest Lorraine

Hi,

I can answer this as I have prox tags,

I think the actual tags have transponders in them similar to the immobilizers you get in cars that are a unique identifier. as mentioned before you assign a prox tag to a user and can be used instead of the code.

I *think* you have to buy "P" type keypads otherwise it won't work. ie the keypads I have are LCDLP which is LCD keypad with large screen and P for proximity.

I don't think you get in a plug in module but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps

Lorraine

You are correct Lorraine, you need a prox keypad ie lcdp, lcdlp

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I think they can Mont , Im pretty sure you need to copy the numbers that show up in Wintex.

I have tried presenting them to 2 panels and like you say it doesnt work, but we have been assured by Texecom that they can be assigned to more than 1 panel.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yes you can, Ive got one tag to work on more than one panel. You need to make sure the numbers are the same in wintex against the users prox codes, but the 2/3 digit start number has to be the same on both panels, if they are different and you change it on one panel it changes the tag numbers for all the other tags programmed into the system. Also if a customer wants 10 more tags they can be pre programmed using a standard keypad not connected to a panel by holding down yes or something like that and then enter the code you typed into wintex, this then learns the number into the tag that you program it. Either that or it reads the code on the prox tag I cant remember! So if the site is a long way away you can dial in - add the users tag codes. Pre program the tags and mail them!! Did it once before about two years ago and it worked ;) .

Trade Member

• 1 month later...
Guest Cyberprog

In general prox tags can be programmed for multiple systems, I wasn't aware of any proximity tags that allowed you to change their codes tho, that's certainley a new one on me!

Typically, the prox tag is read only, and can be read by as many systems as you like, my prox tag works for my access to Redbus as well as with my mates PAC easikey (which I sold him, and the daft sod didn't reset it, hehe), and a few other PAC systems where I have access. Dead handy to only have to carry the one prox.

• 2 years later...

These proximty discs?

Don't they compromise security, presumably people naturally keep the proximity fob on their key ring.

For instance if someone has their keys stolen, the intruder doesn't have to worry about the alarm code - he simply presents the proximity fob - they don't seem a good idea to me ?

Guest anguscanplay
These proximty discs?

Don't they compromise security, presumably people naturally keep the proximity fob on their key ring.

For instance if someone has their keys stolen, the intruder doesn't have to worry about the alarm code - he simply presents the proximity fob - they don't seem a good idea to me ?

opposed to me telling you the code?

Archived