Security Installer Community

What Is The Best Home Intruder System Available On The Market Today

Guest Umster

Hi the Galaxy 60 is not graded for the PD 6662 requirements the replacements are the Galaxy G2 and Grade 3 panels with upgraded psu etc good panels but more expensive also if its a grade three systems you will need anti mask sensors and inteligent door contacts and i have also been advised on grade 3 you need dual path signaling eg Redcare GSM or Dual com fun fun fun :fear::fear::fear:

Hi, my system is only a grade 2, some installers Graded it 2b and 2x if that means anything to you.

The assumption was that the NSI Gold companies quoting would know how to do their job and that the Galaxy 60 is not graded and that they would actually be specifying a G2 or G3. Seccondly he did state that he hadn't recieved the quote yet.

Also without having seen any of the quotes how can any of you assume that it is a Grade 3 or Grade 2 installation, going of on a tangent will only confuse the original issue.

Thank you and well said. Just to confirm my system has been Grade 2.

What is the website address of Galaxy, please?

2X - Audible system but signaling can be added at the same time as the installation but classed as a extra, so the system is still 2X (nationals are doing it)

didn't understand....?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

But what is the point of that? Is there any standard that is bypassed if system is specced as 2X and on the same sheet it is stated that there is comms? That will confuse customers getting like for like quotes, especially when their insurer (you can live and dream) tell them it must be a 2B system for example, and they see your quote brightly marked 2x on top. Confused. But lately that is normal :no:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Keeps the cost down, and ensures you get the job, then add the signalling as a extra, all the big boys are doing this and the HEX company quotes all grade 2.C or D not seen a grade 3 quote of them yet.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived