Security Installer Community

Tampered Speakers

sparky83

This is just my little rant at tampered speakers!!! I think they all seem to be as bad as each other, but I'm mainly pee'd off with the scanny ones! OK, when you install them I always check they are reading just the resistance of the cable but two / three months down the line they've been going off and I've checked the resistance of them and they are about 30/50 ohms! Had two during this christmas period go off, and about 4 in the two weeks before christmas. Must be down to the cold weather we've been having and heating coming on expanding n contracting the switches etc! But always in the early hours of the morning!

Anyway they've seriously pee'd me off and thats the only two problems we've had over christmas! Which is a bonus! But all under guarentee!

Anyone else had similar problems?!

Trade Member

used to use the gardtec tampered speakers but had tamper problems with them. Now using elmdean (i think) and never any probs with them.

What problems with the GardTec ones?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

This is just my little rant at tampered speakers!!! I think they all seem to be as bad as each other, but I'm mainly pee'd off with the scanny ones! OK, when you install them I always check they are reading just the resistance of the cable but two / three months down the line they've been going off and I've checked the resistance of them and they are about 30/50 ohms! Had two during this christmas period go off, and about 4 in the two weeks before christmas. Must be down to the cold weather we've been having and heating coming on expanding n contracting the switches etc! But always in the early hours of the morning!

Anyway they've seriously pee'd me off and thats the only two problems we've had over christmas! Which is a bonus! But all under guarentee!

Anyone else had similar problems?!

SORRY!!!!

I should have said earlier about the scannie 9040!

We have had problems for a year with these things!

They are a pain, we just tamper the cable now.

Most round here use the untampered Kinetic one.

Funny thing is Distribution have not heard anyone else complain!! Yeah right!

Carlos is aware of the fault but as yet i dont think they have replaced stock.

So the Elmedene is good then??

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

What problems with the GardTec ones?

Tampers, due to the microswitch not seating correctly on the overly-long cover screw, and also the plastic pegs used to hold the switch could break off. This is going back a while now so they may have changed them. They were just a bit too chunky for a domestic aswell.

So the Elmedene is good then??

Sorry, just checked the stock, its Ventcroft we use (get them off Elvey, code VIS-SAP16T), superb very solid never any tamper probs (well mounted micro) and as a bonus they have a high gloss finish so any grubby hand prints from install will wipe off :whistle:

We used to use the Kinetic and Scanny ones had probs with both of them. We ended up using the Knights Plastic ones and not a problem with a single one. Also bearing in mind that I am sure its a NSI deviation not to tamper your the casing on your extension speakers.

cheers Kev

Archived