Security Installer Community

Taking over an alarm

Guest Carl Richardson

Guest Carl Richardson

I was wondering if you could help. A friend of mine lives in Manchester and has just bought a house which has an //.National Installer.// alarm, Galaxy 8+. Apparently it was installed by the previous owner who got it from a friend!! My friend is interested in having it monitored but would rather not go with //.National Installer.//. He has tried a few local companies but all have said they would have to replace the panel with one of theirs. Is this true or are they just after money?

Thanks,

Carl

This would depend on how old the panel is, the regulations regarding police response have changed greatly over the last few years, if the panel is new enough and contains these updates then no they shouldnt need to replace it, however if it's before the changes were brought out then yes they would most likely need to replace it. -_-

egg03064.gif

Guest Carl Richardson

Thanks guys,

The alarm is about 6 months old. It has never been monitored before. The engineer code is known, but the companies he has tried don't seem that interested in him, can anyone recommend a good company around the Sale area.

Thanks again,

Carl

Archived