Security Installer Community

Bosch Ds820 Pet Immune Detectors

Guest Andy Jones

Guest Andy Jones

Hi all,

Had lots of recommendations for Bosch 820's from people on this site and two of the quotes I've had for an intruder alarm have specced them as well.

The only thing is that one of the quotes I had (local independant) absolutly hates them. Says he had loads of problems. Now when questioned it appears his problems were 5 years ago.

Has the design/eletronics/software of the DS820's changed over the years or are they still the same as when first introduced?

I'm convinced they are ok as opinion here seems to indicate but he wont fit them. If the design has changes then maybe everyones right and I can go back to him and suggest he tries them again.

Thanks

Andy

Hi all,

Had lots of recommendations for Bosch 820's from people on this site and two of the quotes I've had for an intruder alarm have specced them as well.

The only thing is that one of the quotes I had (local independant) absolutly hates them. Says he had loads of problems. Now when questioned it appears his problems were 5 years ago.

Has the design/eletronics/software of the DS820's changed over the years or are they still the same as when first introduced?

I'm convinced they are ok as opinion here seems to indicate but he wont fit them. If the design has changes then maybe everyones right and I can go back to him and suggest he tries them again.

Thanks

Andy

Personally I think you should decide whether you want the installer or the detectors, if he is really unhappy with the use of them, (you say he hates them), he is unlikely to be positive about fitting them in the system and if things do go wrong how do you avoid "I told you so!".

What detectors is he recommending?

Guest Andy Jones
Personally I think you should decide whether you want the installer or the detectors, if he is really unhappy with the use of them, (you say he hates them), he is unlikely to be positive about fitting them in the system and if things do go wrong how do you avoid "I told you so!".

What detectors is he recommending?

He is recommending the Visonic Pet immune detectors which seem to be commonally disliked on here!

Hated was probably a bit strong but he definatly doesnt like them. :rolleyes:

I dont want to rule him out because he was recommended to me twice independantly and we got on well when he did the survey but its difficult to reconcile his dislike of the 820's with the general opinion found on here.

cheers

Andy

He is recommending the Visonic Pet immune detectors which seem to be commonally disliked on here!

Hated was probably a bit strong but he definatly doesnt like them. :rolleyes:

I dont want to rule him out because he was recommended to me twice independantly and we got on well when he did the survey but its difficult to reconcile his dislike of the 820's with the general opinion found on here.

cheers

Andy

Many would be of the view that the Bosch is a better option than the Visonic but there are other good options as well and often installers like to stick with what they find successful.

Why not ask him if he can offer another option?

Or maybe you feel strongly enough to offer him a signed waiver that you have rejected his advice and accept the consequences.

The bosch's have to be installed and set up correctly or they will false alarm.

With out trying to sound sarcastic if he reads the instructions and installs them in the correct manner then they are the nuts of the dog that the detector wont see.

A visonic wouldnt go into alarm with an elephant doing a pole dance in your lounge.

Adi

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

A visonic wouldnt go into alarm with an elephant doing a pole dance in your lounge.

Adi

Only if it was a small elephant weighing in at under 80lbs :P:hmm:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest Peter James

If he prefers the Visonics over the Bosch then he must have a funny shaped head.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two detectors the Bosch is far superior technically using dual technology to detect the size and and the distance of the object.

The Visonic detect works by a thick line in the bottom of the lense preventing the detector from seeing anything on the floor.

I would have serios concerns about anyone trying to sell me a system that would only detect 75% of the protected area.

The Bosch have always been good they were on of the first Pet detectors developed. When they 1st came out I was very sceptical, but was very impressed after fitting them and walk testing with a large Alsation and a box of dog biscuits.

Whenever I have had problems with smaller pet tollerant detectors swap them with 820's and problem solved, as long as they are installed to the manufactures instructions.

Pete

The bosch's have to be installed and set up correctly or they will false alarm.

With out trying to sound sarcastic if he reads the instructions and installs them in the correct manner then they are the nuts of the dog that the detector wont see.

Adi

Agreed on both counts.

The newer smaller DS820ita are better than the old DS820.

But they do need to be set up correctly or they will false alarm.

Trade Member

[WE started on the K980 but had so many problems with them.

The lens masking is very poor to the extent you can blatently see it.

They do not pick up very well at all.

Have not tried the BOSCH units but can strongly reccomend the ROKONET PET DT'S

What other make of detector is he using or is it pets all round ?

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Archived