Security Installer Community

Need To Reset C & K Securitech Alarm

Guest delboy

Hello and welcome,

the call out charge you have been quoted is actually very reasonable, the system will need to be crashed and reprogrammed for your requirements, not a 5 minute job but should be less than 30 mins.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

If you post where you are in the country, you might get a more acceptable quote.

Although IMO you are unlikely to get somone to come and do it for more than

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

im in glasgow .. seems i might have found the code .. but dont have a manual for this system .. would someone be able to help me out in changing the code ? i dont have the model number of the system but can take a picture of it and post that up if thats any help

thanks for the input

im in glasgow .. seems i might have found the code .. but dont have a manual for this system .. would someone be able to help me out in changing the code ? i dont have the model number of the system but can take a picture of it and post that up if thats any help

thanks for the input

It sounds like you have a ck700 or 800l alarm. it should be a little keypad approx 4inch across and 2 down. with a flip down cover and the main box is about a foot squared. If this is the case normally the basic operations are shown on the flip down cover including how to change a code however here is how it should be done.

This panel has 2 user codes but only one is commonly used.

To change a user code simply enter the four digit user code, the buzzer will

emit a steady sound and the exit time will start. Press the * key followed by the 9 key,

followed by the key of the user to be altered for example if you were changing user

code 1 then you would press 1, the same applies for user code 2. Once you have

pressed a user key then the LEDs 1 2 3 and 4 will now come on to indicate a new 4

digit code is required. Enter your new code. As you press each key one LED will go

out. if your code is accepted you will hear an acceptance code.

i hope this helps

Archived