Security Installer Community

Adding a Sound Bomb

djrock

Hello, I was thinking of connecting a Ventcroft Sound Bomb 2 to my panel. The manual says Bell/Strobe has a max supply of 500mA and AUX 300mA. I currently have a bell box connected which I am sure its in SAB mode. I don't know how many milliamps it pulls since I can't find the manual. The Sound Bomb 2 does not say how much milliamps it pulls. Will it be ok to connect the Sound Bomb or will i be drawing too much from the panel?

Thankyou

djrock

Roughly what milliamps would an external bell and strobe take?

Thankyou

djrock

It will depend on what make the sounder is, the "Ventcroft Classic" would pull

Standby Current 42.3 mA

Current 130 mA Nominal (150 mA Max.)

Single Piezo 125 mA (160mA Max.)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I can't remember the make. I was having a look at the Ventcroft Classic spec to get a rough guide. So

53.3 Constant Led

150 Strobe

300 assuming its Twin Piezo

503.3 Total mA max

I might think about it (when i get a pair of ear plugs) and open the bellbox to see what info i can get from it. Or i was thinking about using a relay and a 12v dc to run the Sound Bomb.

Thankyou

djrock

Connect in the sound bomb,

You will be well under the max load your Bell output can handle.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Hello, How exactly do you test for current draw since I was trying to test the mA's on my test system I have. So with my positive lead in V/Ω/mA's putting the multimeter to 200mA dc and in a series on the strobe trigger cause a p alarm mm gave nothing. Didn't test the bell trigger since I disabled the twin Piezo since don't want an ear full of 100dbs every time I want to try something out. So I moved my positive lead on the mm to 10A DC tested the strobe trigger again I got 00.1 so I don

Guest graale00

I think you're worrying a tad too much, just connect it up and see if it works, i'm sure it will it's only an extra sounder shouldn't blow anything up or cause disasters.... even if it does, it'll only be a fuse!

I think you're worrying a tad too much, just connect it up and see if it works, i'm sure it will it's only an extra sounder shouldn't blow anything up or cause disasters.... even if it does, it'll only be a fuse!

I would rather do it right. Maybe I am worrying a tad too much :unsure: but its better than blowing your equipment up.

Thankyou :)

djrock

I may be wrong but your probally connected over a neg trig, so you wont get anything :)

You need to put your meter over the 12v pos feeding the bell.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived