Security Installer Community

Questions about Intruder alarm quotations...

Guest Andy Jones

Guest Cerberus NI
I disagree totally with that statement...........

Just pointing out a fact. I don't think it was harsh. Depends on how you want to read it, or more importantly, how you interpreted Lorraines post, and in turn mine.

Well,you're entitled to your opinion and I mine.I read it as I read it - plain and simple. As stated, it depends what you call "Pro-kit" but there is certainly nore access to non-DIY kit (B & Q specials for example) than some may reckon (and I don't mean ebay).

I disagree totally with that statement because you have made the assumption that DIYer's don't have access to the same gear you do! I bought and wired a texecom premier system and I bet that is miles better than any wireless system - professional or not!

I never said DIYers can't get professional kit, doesn't make the install a professional one though. What I was saying that if it your neighbours alarm is going off at all times of day and night and being a PITA then it is u\s, whether that's due to bad installation from a DIYer or pro or from it being a heap of junk. Re-reading my post it may not be all that clear, no offence was intended.

I am not saying your system is or isn't better than a professionally installed wireless system, but I know which one I'd prefer. ;)

I am just at a loss as to why the installers on here don't think that diyer's can buy pro kit. I'm not sure what is pro and what isn't but I gather castle/menvier/scantronic are supposed to be quite good makes which I was told was "pro gear" and my local electrical/alarm wholesaler would have been able to sell me all them.
Lorraine, i would appreciate a wee favour, could you ask your elec/wholesalers can he supply Aritech, Castle G range and Galaxy G range, i dont need to know who your supplier is but it will help me to identify which manufacturer i support. It will be also important to know is he buying this direct or through an unscupulous installer (when you ask i sugest you say third party).

Jef

Customers!

Archived