Security Installer Community

"It will only take you 2 hours !!!!!"

Guest Adrian

Guest Adrian

:( Here is the picture A large school, An ADE Ultimate panel, 59 zones in use 5 programe modes, 9 user codes and one shunt lock plus a copy of the system print out from one month before.

Lets not forget the reason I was there to change the main softwear chip to enable confirmed signaling.

I arrived on site at 3pm down powered the alarm,changed the chip and fully reprogramed the whole system.(all via the keypad) Fully tested, send signals to the monitoring station. Every thing was going great for once. It was only 6pm.

Thought it would be a good idea do do a new print out to keep a copy at the office. (Bad thought.... very bad thought!)

I pluged the printer onto the panel and pressed go. Very strange nothing happend. It worked fine last week.

I checked the keypad to see if I had pressed the go button. The display was no longer in engineer but in day mode.put my eng code in... nothing. I tryed the default code, It worked ow s**t I thought I checked more of the programing. Yes thats right the panel had crashed it self back to the factory settings.

I phoned my bose to tell him what had happened. His reply was " you didn't plug that printer in did you its bust it blew the panel at mr x's place yesterday.

He had only gone and put it on the shelf with all the other serviceable equipment. and not labeled it as being faulty. I can not print my reply to him that night.

Well in the end I managed to reprogram the alarm again twice as it crashed half way though the second attempt.

Its been ok now for 5 months its service is due very soon and I hope its not me that has to go!

Well got away at 11pm that night.

"It will only take you 2 hours !!!!" (In my dreams only)

Adrian

• 4 months later...
Guest Adrian

B) hitit A little update on this system.

It went bang last week in a thunder storm. At long last :lol:

Now comes the job of upgrading it this part is going to be no fun.(some plonker has lost the only zone list we had / wasnt me)

Well may have another story to tell next week

Adrian B)

• 2 years later...
B) hitit A little update on this system.

It went bang last week in a thunder storm. At long last :lol:

Now comes the job of upgrading it this part is going to be no fun.(some plonker has lost the only zone list we had / wasnt me)

Well may have another story to tell next week

Adrian B)

hi adrian, i having fitted over a hundred ultimates, and was one of the 1st companies to fit them in london - buying first one direct from ADE rep who was flogging this then new system to Surelife (an old wholesalers in Stratford, London and no longer trading).

the on-board psu output is minimal, so recommend run all you can from an auxillary psu, this has cured many problems with crashing and freezing initially though to be mains transients.

strange they never implemented any U/D software on such a complex and adaptable panel, as they did it for the smaller Karizma+ in spades, even a socket to copy the pic over (great for multi flat installs).

one install i had was fully loaded wih 60 chips and all 8 programs used, it got smacked by lightning and took 10 hours to reprogram via a keypad on my work bench, with my son calling out the print-off to me - you tend to get paper blindness, fortunately i had left a copy in the panel.

due to that experience, i now religeously download the program, burn it to cd and leave it in the panel (Use Gardtec these days). that way any probs getting the system back as it was if i suspect, or upgrading the panel it's far quicker. B) a few minutes well spent

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:) We should rename you arfur mole, you manage to find and surface the oldest of posts

that'd be down to me age sony jim = i like all them old tunes too - they dont make songs like 'tip toe through the tulips' or 'if' any more :rolleyes:

my old disco haunt got renamed "shaking, knackered and croaked it!" ;)

Maybe he hasnt worked that one out yet?

i will work it out - just as soon as i find my white stick B)

if i browse the older posts, i'm sure others do to. or i'm just 'sad'. but hopefully i can offer some advice based on past experiences, which they can get a benifit from, and perhaps even i learn something especially on panels or equipment 'for and against' i do not currently use.

i hope perhaps a previous or current problem for someone can be resolved with my 'old codgers' knowledge - and i do go back as far as the clockwork powered 999's and when service engineers were taught the 'art' of juicing cc wiring to clear or blow an intermittent:cry: .

seen a few occassions when that went wrong too :rolleyes: daays before H&S Exec was even thought of :whistle:

alan

service engineers were taught the 'art' of juicing cc wiring to clear or blow an intermittent:cry: .

"Flashing" is how it was known round these parts, works best with foil alegedly ;)

Not that i've ever done it of course :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived