Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800

Guest silopark

Guest silopark

Hi All

Excellent site!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if anyone can help?, I'm after an installation manual for an Scantronic 9800 panel.

A mate of mine has put in too many keypresses and the panel has come up with an rt code.

I don't just want to disconnect the supply at the risk of not getting the panel working again.

Any help would be greatly welcomed..

Thanks in advance

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to reset the alarm system yourself, with just the valid user code.

Resetting the System

There are three different methods for resetting. You can tell which method

your system uses by looking at the Service LED after an alarm.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest silopark

Thanks for replying so quickly

the problem is that the keypad will only let me enter one keypress then it locks up.

The system is also not monitored.

cheers

hello have you tried to press the 'clear' button??

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silopark

All sorted now :):)

Thanks for all your help, I've managed to get the user/installation manual for this panels if any1 requires it.

The problem turned out to be faulty keypad, namely buttons 7 & 9 not operating correctly. I have now changed the user code so that these buttons are not used.

Also going to replace the system with a veritas r8 in a week or two so no more problems .........Hopefully!!!

Thanks once again for all your help

Silopark

• 8 months later...
All sorted now :)  :)

Thanks for all your help, I've managed to get the user/installation manual for this panels if any1 requires it.

The problem turned out to be faulty keypad, namely buttons 7 & 9 not operating correctly. I have now changed the user code so that these buttons are not used.

Also going to replace the system with a veritas r8 in a week or two so no more problems .........Hopefully!!!

Silopark

4600[/snapback]

All sorted now :)  :)

Silopark

4600[/snapback]

Long time ago I know, but if anyone's out there with a manual I'd be grateful for the loan of a copy of it as I've just bought a property with a 9800 installed.

cheers

Richard

Archived