Security Installer Community

Swann 4 channel DVR hard disk problem

Guest Sandy

I am having problems with a partially failed/failing hard disk drive on the above system. I have spoken to Swan and they tell me that a program 'Net Viewer' may help see the data, but this is a program that was not supplied with my system. Due to the time delay in getting through to Swann TS I thought I would ask here if anyone knows where I can download a copy of the program.

Also if anyone has any information about the ondisk format of data on these machines I would be interested in hearing from them

I am having problems with a partially failed/failing hard disk drive on the above system. I have spoken to Swan and they tell me that a program 'Net Viewer' may help see the data, but this is a program that was not supplied with my system. Due to the time delay in getting through to Swann TS I thought I would ask here if anyone knows where I can download a copy of the program.

Also if anyone has any information about the ondisk format of data on these machines I would be interested in hearing from them

Is there any data on the disk that you require? Don't those Swann units have removeable drives? Is it under guarantee?

Are you talking to the Swann reps in the UK, or HQ in Australia?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Is there any data on the disk that you require? Don't those Swann units have removeable drives? Is it under guarantee?

Are you talking to the Swann reps in the UK, or HQ in Australia?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes there is data that I require and yes the drives are removable - we are speaking to the reps in Australia at the moment - I wasn't aware there were any in the UK...

Getting the data off the drive is not a problem - I have taken a complete dump of what can be read - its putting it back into a format I can read that is proving a little difficult.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes there is data that I require and yes the drives are removable - we are speaking to the reps in Australia at the moment - I wasn't aware there were any in the UK...

Getting the data off the drive is not a problem - I have taken a complete dump of what can be read - its putting it back into a format I can read that is proving a little difficult.

Sorry - I have no experience in that area, but hopefully there are a few people on here that do that may be able to help.

Swann have a UK partner called Computers Unlimited (they are IT resellers). They market and distribute all Swann products in the UK. Their web site is www.unlimited.com

Tel: 020 8358 9565

Don't know if they can help at all but maybe worth a try.......

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived