Security Installer Community

Scopetronic

Guest Hurley

Hello I have acquired a property with an alarm fitted that is about 14 years old.

I have no manual of any type for the system. It has been giving trouble with a few days. Does anyone have a manual for a Scopetronic Home Guard.

I can find no markings on the main panel as it has been overpainted. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
hiya, just wondering if you ever got a manual for this as I'm encountering similar problems now.

cheers

Hello I'm also looking for the manual for the Scopetronic Home Guard Alarm system. We've just moved to a house with this system and no manual. It all works fine. However, I want to change the previous owner's code to one of our choosing for total security. Who knows how many people the previous owners shared their code with? If anyone could even PM me the instructions to change the code I'd be most grateful. :)

i'm not being patronising please beleive me, i would have to say as best advice is to get your system serviced, ring arround or post you laocal and i'm sure one of us will contact you.

see it this way, the original install suited the original buyer, circumstances and needs for i'd expect to have changed ove 14 years. detectors and panels have moved on in vast leaps over the same period, simple things like pet tollerant detectors, voice diallers and so on not forgetting possible noise pollution finacial penalties if you system rings for more than 20 minutes, and this age it could well do.

having a guy service it, advise you of modern systems and technology + checking the batterty/charge rate and to see if it is performing within design perameters is well worth it.

you might change the code, but to what point if the system may be easily bypassed? you have not got to accept a suggested upgrade, but i think it would be worth it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i'm not being patronising please beleive me, i would have to say as best advice is to get your system serviced, ring arround or post you laocal and i'm sure one of us will contact you.

see it this way, the original install suited the original buyer, circumstances and needs for i'd expect to have changed ove 14 years. detectors and panels have moved on in vast leaps over the same period, simple things like pet tollerant detectors, voice diallers and so on not forgetting possible noise pollution finacial penalties if you system rings for more than 20 minutes, and this age it could well do.

having a guy service it, advise you of modern systems and technology + checking the batterty/charge rate and to see if it is performing within design perameters is well worth it.

you might change the code, but to what point if the system may be easily bypassed? you have not got to accept a suggested upgrade, but i think it would be worth it.

regs

alan

Thanks for your advice Alan. I'm cogniscant of the fact that it is an out of date alarm system and my preference would be to upgrade to something better but the finanical strain of having just purchased a house means i need a quick fix solution until our finances allow us to upgrade. if it comes down to it and I have no choice then i guess i'll have to bring in an engineer sooner rather than later. thanks for your quick reply though.

Archived