Security Installer Community

Please help

Guest simonrob

I think the detector you are using has a ball bearing in that sits on two wire springs to make the contact. If the unit is level the alarm circuit is "made" if the window is broken the ball bearing moves causing an alarm circuit.

You should have four wires. take your multimeter and test for continuity accross two of the wires. Once you find them move the sensor if you have continuity regarless of the position of the sensor then these are the tamper circuit and should be wired in series to the global tamper input.

Again take your meter and test the other two wires for continuity across them, this should only happen when the sensor is level and the ball bearing is making contact. These wires are your alarm circuit and will be connected to the zone input.

Now fit the unit to the selfadhesive base, tighten the screw a little and rotate the sensor till it makes continuity on the meter. When it does tighten the screw and wire the zone to the panel. Program as required.

The system should now operate correctly, But I have to say that this type of sensor would be better of being replaced with an electronic type sensor as unless you have cleaned the window properly, it wont stick and moisture, condensation etc will all work at the adhesive and the unit will enevitably fall off and false alarm.

Colin.

Guest simonrob

Colin

The detector only has 2 wires on it - I assume to connect to the zone on the panel. I will need to check on the ball bearing etc. but I don't think it has one.

I'll get back for a look as soon as I can.

Simon

It sounds like a glassbreak that Maplins used to sell, and IIRC they were open circuit in one direction , and closed in the other.As the Texecom has a loop response of >200ms , it would be difficult to make it alarm anyway. :wacko:

I'd replace it :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest simonrob

Sorry all - I forgot to let you know what happened with this one!

Customer has decided that he wants a door sensor putting on the door at the top of his cellar steps instead of the glassbreak (which he bought a long while ago I have since dicovered) on the window at the top of his cellar steps.

Thanks for all your help.

Simon

Archived