Security Installer Community

internet explorer 6 problem

black knight

Hi all

at present i am having to use my navigator programme to go on the internet as IE6 keeps coming up with:

'runtime error - program C;/program files/internet explorer/ieexplore.exe --- the application has requested the runtimeto termeinate it in an unusual way.please contact the applications support team for more information'

can any one of you tekkies enlighten me as to how i fix this or who i ring!

i have tried doing a system restore to a week ago which worked initially but problem keeps occurring, i,ve tried anti virus sweeps - all clear, i tried various system fault progs all ok.

If the answer is to reload ie6 where can i found it to download from.

i,m running XP by the way

thankx in advance

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Or, just get firefox. ;)

Does sound like a Google Toolbar problem though. If you go into Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs then click on Windows Components you can uninstall IE in there, except all it does is remove the shortcuts as IE is an integral part of windows so it's usually a pointless excercise.

Also, try a Windows update to make sure you're using the latest version of IE.

as lurch says get firefox, ive havent used internet explorer for a long time.

on the install with firefox it gives you the option to load your bookmarked web pages and cookies from your existing version of internet explorer.

Hi Paul,

If you have the google toolbar try uninstalling it and see if that makes any difference, it sounds spyware/virus related

69565[/snapback]

if i could figure out how to i would - its not in the uninstall prog list!!

Have you done an anti-spyware scan as well as anti-virus?

Microsoft Antispyware is very good - free download of the latest beta from www.microsoft.com home page!

69573[/snapback]

yep done that

as lurch says get firefox, ive havent used internet explorer for a long time.

on the install with firefox it gives you the option to load your bookmarked web pages and cookies from your existing version of internet explorer.

70179[/snapback]

firefox on and loaded - must have missed the bit about loding book marks etc in set up though - is there a way of doing it after set up?

ie6 is a ded duck now on my computer - still a bit of nuisance though.

thanks for all advice lads

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

firefox on and loaded - must have missed the bit about loding book marks etc in set up though - is there a way of doing it after set up?

70186[/snapback]

Yep, Click File > Import. ;)

ie6 is a ded duck now on my computer - still a bit of nuisance though.

70186[/snapback]

No nuisance, it's **** anyway! Never use it here apart from, well, never. :no:

Archived