Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Problem

Guest Newts

Hello everyone (anyone!)

I have recently bought a house with a Scantronic 9800 alarm system fitted. I was left with no information on it other that the access codes. I have downloaded an instruction manual off of the internet, but it really does not answer 2 specific questions I have, so I was hoping for some much needed help off any experts. This is my first alarm system, so I really do not know how to figure this out.

1) I have the alarm rigged to my en-block garage. The alarm to the door of my garage seems to always be switched on. Therefore every time I go to access my garage, I set the alarm off! Is there anyway I can switch this part of the alarm off from the control panel, allowing myself a couple of minutes to reach the door and open it?

2) I think the doorbell is linked to the alarm (although I am not 100% sure) and I tried to set the Chime on the control panel last night, but it does not seem to work. Is there a way of checking if the doorbell is linked to the alarm system? The outside button does not have any brand on it, so it is impossible to tell if it is linked from that.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer me on the above.

Guest Peter James

Hi

The door that is progged as 24hr can only be reprogged by an engineer, its not a user option unfortunately.

What makes you think that the doorbell is connected to the alarm?

It may be that you have a exit terminate button I suppose, this is usually only supplied with monitored alarms and is used as the name suggest's to terminate the exit when going out.

Is there any installer names on the system at all? usually the external box will have a name and number at least.

Pete

If I remember the old 9800, 24hr zones can be omitted as long as it is programmed as omit allowed in the engineering menu. To omit you enter the customer code followed by 4(omit)then the zone number. Then to reinstate the omitted zone you enter customer code then press clear, then clear again.

if the installer didnt set any zones up for chime then you wont be able to turn chime on, you will need an engineer.

when you say the garage door sets the alarm of do you mean every time you open it or when you are coming home and the alarms set?

Trade Intruder

What makes you think that the doorbell is connected to the alarm?

It may be that you have a exit terminate button I suppose, this is usually only supplied with monitored alarms and is used as the name suggest's to terminate the exit when going out.

68996[/snapback]

It sould chime when pressed if it programmed to chime, as other have mentioned best get somebody to chaeck the system out.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

If I remember the old 9800, 24hr zones can be omitted as long as it is programmed as omit allowed in the engineering menu. To omit you enter the customer code followed by 4(omit)then the zone number. Then to reinstate the omitted zone you enter customer code then press clear, then clear again.

69013[/snapback]

code + 4 is code change isnt it,, :ninja:

Hello everyone (anyone!)

I have recently bought a house with a Scantronic 9800 alarm system fitted. I was left with no information on it other that the access codes. I have downloaded an instruction manual off of the internet, but it really does not answer 2 specific questions I have, so I was hoping for some much needed help off any experts. This is my first alarm system, so I really do not know how to figure this out.

1) I have the alarm rigged to my en-block garage. The alarm to the door of my garage seems to always be switched on. Therefore every time I go to access my garage, I set the alarm off! Is there anyway I can switch this part of the alarm off from the control panel, allowing myself a couple of minutes to reach the door and open it?

2) I think the doorbell is linked to the alarm (although I am not 100% sure) and I tried to set the Chime on the control panel last night, but it does not seem to work. Is there a way of checking if the doorbell is linked to the alarm system? The outside button does not have any brand on it, so it is impossible to tell if it is linked from that.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer me on the above.

68993[/snapback]

when you say block..is the garage not attached to the house..it sounds like a 24 hr zone if not could be a cable fault..

Firstly, thanks for everyones help so far. It seems that I will have to key in my code and press the omit key to open the garage. Can I find out how to find the zone number of the garage through the keypad?

As for the chime question, I read this out of the manual I downloaded "Where an exit terminator is fitted, this will act as a door bell when the system is set to chime". I dont know if my doorbell is the exit terminator or not! Is there any way of checking that?

There is a telephone number on the keypad, but as I have no idea as to the workings of this alarm I wanted to see if I can get some advice first and then try and sort it out myself, to try and get my knowledge of it up a little bit.

Put the alarm into "walk test" as described in the manual, then press the doorbell.

If it's LOUDER then it's part of the alarm. :ninja:

69157[/snapback]

cheers Andy, will give it a go!

Archived