Security Installer Community

Outside Christmas Lights & Part P

Guest aechlin

WHO CARES ABOUT PART P

XMAS LIGHTS ARE ONLY TEMP AND HAVE BEEN CAUSING HOUSE FIRES FOR MANY YEARS :fear:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

WHO CARES ABOUT PART P

XMAS LIGHTS ARE ONLY TEMP AND HAVE BEEN CAUSING HOUSE FIRES FOR MANY YEARS :fear:

No such thing as a "temporary instalation" It has to be a proprely installed and certified job that aint going to be installed for that long. :cry:

jef

Customers!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest johnburger
With the introduction of Part P that we are all familiar with, how do people stand this year with reference to installing their illuminated santa's and snowmen on their roofs and in their gardens? Looking at Part P, the diy'r can install elv garden lighting providing they are CE marked. Lets say that Mr Smith (or Mrs Smith, lets not get PC here) wants to install their CE marked lights, will the Christmas Light Police from the Council come round and inspect the area, fine Mr or Mrs Smith for not using a RCD to protect the 10 banks of four trailing sockets and leave demanding payment for their time spent away from the luxuries of their office? I personally dont par-take in the ritual of dressing my home up in colourful lights, but it just interests me in the huge number of households that do, and the legislation that is in force now.The Council will have the right to print money with this.

Is my brain over reacting or is there really Christmas Light Police.......

Whats your thoughts?

Alistair

to add: A string of lights in series wont count for elv, will it??

Part P does not cover plugged in appliances but please use an RCD and keep the transformers indoors.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gti Jazz Blue
The same person with two names..........

Dave, can you not show the IP address under the members name, like they have on some other boards.

Don't forget though that you could have a couple of posters from the same company using a shared External IP address.

Archived