Security Installer Community

SL Compact

Guest tomm84

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and i have a problem,

I've just moved into my new house, which has the SL Compact, Obviously I have no instructions of any variety,

One of the sensors (Zone 3) activates the alarm immediately, and I need to know how i can programme it to have a time delay to activate the alarm, because at the minute i'm setting the alarm off everytime I come down the stairs.

Please could someone help

Thanks

Tom

• 5 months later...

Think you'll find zone 3 is unprogrammable. Prob only Z1 can be used for entry + poss Z2 can be time delayed so it can be *walked-through*. Could omit Z3 when in house at night. Alternatively re-wire to Z2.

is a time delayed zone not immediate unless the timer is running?.not sure about this panel.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

is a time delayed zone not immediate unless the timer is running?.not sure about this panel.

This might seem really radical, but if you dont know, dont add to the topic.

Without wishing to offend anybody, if members answer posts that they can confidently answer then this is fine, but if you are a diy installer and simply have expeirience of one or two panels then answering posts that you have no knowledge of can only lead to further problems. Say incorrect advice is given and its viewed by the guy with the problem and then its a couple of hours before a full time engineer or a member with the correct knowledge sees the mistake, it could be to late and the original poster has fried his panel, what would you say then.

In short if your not sure dont post, there is always someone on these forums with the neccessary knowledge to help out.

This might seem really radical, but if you dont know, dont add to the topic.

Without wishing to offend anybody, if members answer posts that they can confidently answer then this is fine, but if you are a diy installer and simply have expeirience of one or two panels then answering posts that you have no knowledge of can only lead to further problems. Say incorrect advice is given and its viewed by the guy with the problem and then its a couple of hours before a full time engineer or a member with the correct knowledge sees the mistake, it could be to late and the original poster has fried his panel, what would you say then.

In short if your not sure dont post, there is always someone on these forums with the neccessary knowledge to help out.

point taken many thanks.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived