Security Installer Community

Unique Hold off Texecom Bell box

Guest LED

I have connected 2 oddassay 1 bell boxes together, but after trying to enter the unique hold off system it did,nt seem to work. Is it because I have linked out the tamper in the sterling 10 control pannel after rectifying a previous fault of a temper indicating on arming the pannel.

Please help.

Texecoms engineers hold can only be activated by a texecom panel. Its not the same as simply entering engineers mode on a panel. Looking at your last post too. I would say that the wiring for the 2 bells is not correct. There shouldn't be an open tamper loop, and linking it out is no fix. Think about it. If the tamper is wired wrong, then something else must also be wired wrong. 1 wire alone can not be the wrong way round if u get my drift. I would check the wiring out on both boxes. Even post the connections on here and some body may spot the mistake.

Trade Member

I thought the unique hold off only worked with Texecom panels,

67352[/snapback]

It works automatically with Texecom panels but with others you can do it manually, although I've never tried it.

although now on the latest firmware version this feature has been removed from being automatic, to being a function in the test menu.

67359[/snapback]

I nearly mentioned that but couldn't remember if it was just something that got mentioned or whether it actually got out into the next release of firmware.

Thanks everone

I do have a pyronix conquerer pannel and this connected to a texecom odyssey 1 and it works fine by instigating the strobe 3 times, I wonder if I am going over the magic 30 seconds. Any suggestons

Thanks for your postings

Heres the wiring

12+ Hold off pannel to bell 1 to bell 2 12+ supply

0v - Pannel to bell 1 to bell 2 0v supply

Bell trigger Pannel to bell 1 to bell 2 bell trigger

Bell Tamper Pannel to bell 1 no connection to Bell 2

Stobe- Pannel to bell 1 to bell 2 strobe

Take wire out of terminal sw2 out of bell 1 link spare cable from bell 2 to it and connect to terminal sw1 in bell 2

There is only one cable running back to the control pannel.

The led lights do indicate everything is OK alternating slowly as to fast when engineer hold off is to be re instigated after 2 minutes.

Can anyone find anything wrong with the wiring I foolowed texecom 2 bell wiring diagram

Thanks folks

Archived