Security Installer Community

Wireless

bellman

Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.

• fitted it and was happy with no problems.
    • Fitted it but had the occasional problem.
    • fitted it and had excessive problems.
    • fitted it had problems, removed it and installed wired.

Guest anguscanplay
The panel is Certified as a grade grade 2 all relevant ACPO standards and can be installed to a full police response through to a ARC, sorry what is your point?

you cant log the commisioning values - therefore it is not certifiable and cannot be connected, my POINT is I`m just demonstrating one of many reasons why comments such as

Wires are in the past

and

guys like me clean up

or

you old timers are going to be left behind by all the new young blood that understand the new technology

even

wire free that is fitted correctly will give you years and years of trouble free reliable service

not to mention

controlled via the remote key fob

alongside

Certified as a grade 2 all relevant ACPO standards

make me laugh so much

Guest anguscanplay
again i ask my last question again, what is your point.

If a panel has a certification of conformity issued as a grade 2 with all reliant ACPO standards in your opinion this is wrong?

your confusing your standards

yes it may be GRADE 2, there is no such thing as ACPO standards (policy yes, standards no) but if you mean DD243 then no it doesnt meet the requirments due to the inability to log measurements on commision (irrespective of what the manfs say)

so how many of your 400 plus half day fits are on full Grade 1 police response?

Guest anguscanplay
I have a number of systems which have a URN issued, but the majority are utilizing the built in speech dialer or go through to G4 as guard response

right thought as much, and how many of the "number...." are visonic wireless ? and which inspectorate passed them ?

Guest anguscanplay
I have a number of systems which have a URN issued, but the majority are utilizing the built in speech dialer or go through to G4 as guard response

right thought as much, and how many of the "number...." are visonic wireless ? and which inspectorate passed them ?

Wireless available in Grade 2 - fact.

Grade 2 wireless acceptable for Inspectorate Certificate - fact.

Grade 2 with Inspectorate Certificate acceptable by ACPO - fact.

Grade 2 wireless with Inspectorate Certificate and ACPO acceptance gives police response - fact.

Guest anguscanplay
Wireless available in Grade 2 - fact.

Grade 2 wireless acceptable for Inspectorate Certificate - fact.

Grade 2 with Inspectorate Certificate acceptable by ACPO - fact.

Grade 2 wireless with Inspectorate Certificate and ACPO acceptance gives police response - fact.

sorry, no one said they arn`t so whats getting you turned on?

however the lack of "recordable" so by definition meaningless measurements means you can`t commision this panel correctly, which means you can`t certify this panel to the standards required by our inspectorate

seen as the other guy doesnt understand the difference between grade and standards I`ll ask you instead - what grade (I`ll give you a hint - inc signalling option) should it only be used for?

however the lack of "recordable" so by definition meaningless measurements means you can`t commision this panel correctly, which means you can`t certify this panel to the standards required by our inspectorate

Care to quote which part of the standard you are talking about :ninja:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

We fit texecom wireless systems have had no probs with any of them. A little bit more expensive but take half the time to install customers love them. Would trust the cheaper alternitivesWe fit texecom wireless systems have had no probs with any of them. A little bit more expensive but take half the time to install customers love them. Would trust the cheaper alternitives

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

Archived