Security Installer Community

Suggestions for new alarm kit for small apartment

Guest beowulf_pt

err, again, only usually you query the moderators actions, I personally feel you like to pick holes in things and try to cause arguments. but that's just my opinion 

Yes your opinion, but we can always hide behind that old chesnut.I have not had any moans about the moderators in weeks on these forums, please do not imply otherwise.

Yes you can hide behind the rules.

and yes i can revise my opinion of that your simply an ://.B.W.F.//: when moderating.

No doubt i will get a warning for this post, but hey thats to be expected, even although the smiley is provided by the sites owner ;)

Oh and Dave I did PM Chris privately with what i thought, he choose not to reply. Perhaps the moderators should read the rules and acknowledge that they have read and understood them just like the ordinary members have too. :whistle:

Back on track (a bit)

Col, do you know something I don't mate? Probably  :yes:

I can also say that our clients are more than happy with their Domonials

Chris

66321[/snapback]

But as my Critics on these forums would say "I know nothing" and if my posts will be edited for NO VALID REASON and the moderators will hide behind the rules whats the point in participating.

One very pee'd of member.

:bye:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Yes your opinion, but we can always hide behind that old chesnut.I have not had any moans about the moderators in weeks on these forums, please do not imply otherwise.

Yes you can hide behind the rules.

We can indeed Col, but I have no need to hide behind the rules, I speak my mind.

and who said it was within the last few weeks????

Do try harder to not twist my words around at which you are admittedly most expert.. :whistle:

I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are but you seem to take umbridge at that fact.

and yes i can revise my opinion of that your simply an  ://.B.W.F.//: when moderating.

Your opinion, and you are entitled to it, the majority of posters on here would disagree with you though. I'll think you find most of the other members think you are an ://.B.W.F.//: though. Do you want me to start a poll and ask?? will that please you??

No doubt i will get a warning for this post, but hey thats to be expected, even although the smiley is provided by the sites owner ;)

Oh and Dave I did PM Chris privately with what i thought, he choose not to reply. Perhaps the moderators should read the rules and acknowledge that they have read and understood them just like the ordinary members have too. :whistle:

66325[/snapback]

No, I'll not warn you for using a smiley thats on the site, but I will warn you for not following the rules and i'll quote in case your struggling to find them.

Our forums are moderated and moderators hold the right to edit, move, close or delete any thread they feel is inappropriate. Once a topic is edited/moved/closed/deleted, members are not allowed to start new ones with the same topic or to question why a specific thread has been edited/moved/closed/deleted. All questions or remarks regarding edited/moved, closed or deleted threads must be e-mailed privately to the moderator who performed this action. Further any discussion of these rules is to be held through the Administrators or Moderators, via e-mail, and not on the forums themselves.

If you don't like these rules, please don't post. If you break these rules, we reserve the right to revoke your posting privileges. Remember, posting here is a privilege and not a right.

For the record Col Your PM was discussed in the admin lounge so the rest of the mods were aware of it and I didn't reply because you'd rather show yourself up here in public and why should I stop you. :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

And I am sorry for referring to eyesight but as i am four eyed myself it shouldn't feel so bad.

I am also sorry for being impolite.

But as I suggested in the beginning for my views of wireless alarms you should do a search. No point in repeating them over and over again.

I'll let the world know when wireless alarms are approved by me. :yes:

What comes to two many wireless installations I really deeply feel sorry before god that i have done so big sin. For my defence i can say that i have warned those customers that it is not reliable as an alarm system (even if it has that antijam feature it still can't locate the source).

From the ones we have installed, they function well and initial problems with battery life have been resolved. Like any new panel programming is a pain, until you get to know it, Laptop is best though. Did honeywell do the Demo, the PDA was cheap enough ;)

Galaxy are best, but the Domonial is recieving a good reception from customers.

66270[/snapback]

Blimey that took a while to dig out amongst the rest of the posts :)

Yes it was honeywell that did the demo, They didnt tell me you could use a laptop. They only gave us the PDA option. I asked if we could use our own PDA,s but they said they would have problems sorting out leads for them :(

I might have to speak to the local rep again.

Just looked at price list and they list a few options, software,palm,remote programing unit with S/W and cable and remote programing unit with S/W and cable and modem

Have they got any other keypad options yet? The gold colour looked a bit odd I thought ;)

Archived