Security Installer Community

Why do texecom sell dummy bell boxes?

Guest roonster

Guest roonster

ive emailed texecom about the disco one. I didnt know they sold that type, they havent got it on their site.

Ill let you know adi, you could use it on your installs as well. Ill test it out for you guys 1st though.

cheers.

The dummy box isn't supposed to fool anyone, it's a warning to a thief that the premisses are protected.

Working box at the front, & dummy at the rear to notify a thief the house may be alarmed.

65662[/snapback]

Yep I'd agree with the warning value! If the gits are casing out the houses from the back gardens why bother with a house which MAY have an alarm because they can see the dummy???

:yes:

Screen printing or stickers make a difference to, a blank dummy always looks like the house is not really alarmed (just pretending).

65707[/snapback]

or that it was fitted by a DIY or electrician and certainly not professionally monitored.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest roonster

but would any burglar still risk it despite the box not having a screen printing, even though its got two flashing led's? I doubt any burglar would bother to risk it. Even if its not been installed by a pro, its more than likely still going to go off when they enter the premises.

It's not just the presence of a Dummy box. It's the availabillity of that box.

Dummy B&Q box = Less chance of alarm, and if alarmed easy to disable.

Texecom Box = More chance of being alarmed, not quite as easy to disable.

Gardtec Nova4 Box = unavailable to joe public so fitted by the trade, house is alarmed, and purely due to it not being available to the public there's less knowledge of how to disable the system.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I think we are giving the average burglar to much credit, external bells with leds/stickers etc in my experience dont make much difference to the -1 IQ burglar.

They still got into my house with two Initial bells on show and a working(Initial) camera covering the area to the front of the house, and a car saying electronic security parked on the drive every night.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I think we are giving the average burglar to much credit, external bells with leds/stickers etc in my experience dont make much difference to the -1 IQ burglar.

At the end of the day, if someone want's to get in they will, regardless of all the security measures you take. The best we can do is make it more appealing for them not to bother (they spot all the signs (bellbox's, camera's etc), and hope they go elsewhere.

Alarms are only a deterrant.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Gardtec Nova4 Box = unavailable to joe public so fitted by the trade, house is alarmed, and purely due to it not being available to the public there's less knowledge of how to disable the system.

65715[/snapback]

* Ding.

I see very few blank Nova4's

Alarms are only a deterrant.

65717[/snapback]

Exactly. There are all types of criminals. Professional bell boxes will definitely deter some types. Otherwise, what's the point??

Furthermore, with a professional screen-printed bellbox fitted the burglar will not to know if the system is monitored or not, which may give him more cause for concern (a blank one will 99.9% definitely not be a monitored system).

Sure, if their intention is to kick in the door and be out within 2 minutes then a communicator won't make any difference. But, bells ringing in and out with no idea of who is responding will not tempt the burglar to hang around.

Don't forget, an alarm will reduce the liklihood of a break-in, and also reduce the length of time that an intruder can spend in the property, therefore saving destruction and loss.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived