Security Installer Community

Menvier ts700

Guest Lorraine

SAB self actuating bell.

SCB self contained bell.

Basically its wether the sounder takes its power from the control panel or its on board battery for use if you have more than 1 sounder. The switch for scb sab is in your sounder housing not in your control panel.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Well, technically it also covers any detectors or alarm equipment in bathrooms and kitchens, and outside, unless the bell is screwed to the wall directly over the cable exit point.

This is according to parts of part P, but other parts don't seem so clear but as I've said before, part P contradicts itself so many times it covers and also doesn't cover everything all at the same time.

65188[/snapback]

You're wrong Lurch. Part P doesnt apply to 12vdc cabling at all.

Telephone cabling only scrapes in because it goes 100vac when ringing.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Lorraine

Hi Everyone

thanks for all the help. really do appreciate it.

in reply to ADI, in the manual it says

TRG- this output can be programmed to be either an SAB or SCB and operates as follows:

sab - trg will switch to 0v on alarm and will draw a maximum of 500mA

scb - trg will provide a negative hold off, which is removed on alarm.

this agrees with what you said, although I don't know why menvier has given me the option of programming it. In either case will the fact its in the wrong mode cause the siren to go off indefinitely? If it does it'll be a ladder job I think!

Lorraine.

Just change it in the programming if it's wrong. Chances are it'll be an SAB up on the wall though. The other way is provide\don't provide it with a -ve as neccesary by manually wiring\not wiring the bell wires into appropriate terminals until commisioning time arrives.

Archived