Security Installer Community

Recommend me a system please

_Spud_

Car alarm cost me £700 and had to barter for free fittng as I'm sure it must have been hidden somewhere. I've installed for mod sites, worked for companied which do banks etc.... unless your MI5 or MI6 then can't see what's so specail??? If you can find a good system diy jobbie for that good luck, personally I'd fit a gardtec panel and kit but the funny thing is they will sell to TRADE ONLY!!! Good Luck!!! Arrrrr try City Electrical Factors and ask what they have on the shelf..... failing that b&q but unfortunatly we don't offer supoport on here for the www.diy.com boys.... they have there own lol :smash:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

I have also installed/serviced for banks, prisons, rich and famous and mod contractors etc, but have also had to advise a system based on plans only, provide wirng diagrams and prog the system remotely via GalGold. I charged for that service and the supply of stock, but I never found out where the site was.

You wont get much for £250 tho mate !

Thanks all for the reply.

I will try and answer a few questions in tern.

We do not need to have the alarm for insurance purposes as the building already has a top end alarm system fitted.

We want to alarm one office within the building; as such we don

There is sometimes a problem with getting the main contractor to extend the house system. Who's going to pay? keyholder probs?

Sounds like a multi tenanted office block, or serviced offices. Either way however sensitive your business is, and you've come here for advice our advice is get a company in to provide you with a quotation.You may get sometihng that will suit your budget but not the protection you require.

Security is a serious and sensitive issue and you take your own security very seriously by not saying what your business is.So do we ;)

Bri

trade.gif

Security is a serious and sensitive issue and you take your own security very seriously by not saying what your business is.So do we  ;)

62690[/snapback]

Well Put.

But something has me with this post, where he says

"Using an external company is not an option I am afraid due to the nature of our business, the system will have to be installed in house"

Strange thing to say, Spud we have buildings that are more high security than yours and i can say this without even knowing what you do, all proffesional security companies like the ones that have posted to you reply have been vetted to the higest standard and would be more trustworthy than some of your staff.

£250 budget, for such a high security premises :roflmao:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest glangarnant

AS a DIY'er (and an Electrician) I have just installed the Nexus 8 control panel with two keypads in my brother's new build. I ran all the cabling during construction (Timberframe).

Easy panel to wire up, all zones have their own seperate Alarm, Tamper and Supply connections.

Programming relatively simple and quite versatile.

You can add up to 7 user codes seperate from the Master User and Engineer.

I am quite pleased with it :yes:

THe Melcom Voice Dialler (AD1000) again quite understandable but the manual has an error that I am trying to sort out (Melcom & Lynteck are slow off the mark with replies).

Hope my bit helps.

Nexus 8 panel & bits available from Maplin.

Archived