Security Installer Community

1st Floor Flat - Renting

Guest rolf

Hello all,

I'm renting in a 1-bed first floor flat. It's quite secure I suppose:

Single entryway (2 yale locks, no 5 lever for some reason), chicken-mesh in glass inside wooden frame, covering 80% of area of door.

Front door to flat at bottom of stairwell - 5 lever lock and yale lock. Door is pretty solid construction, not exactly Fort Knox but pretty rigid, made of wood.

Front, rear and side windows all above ground floor.

Something I've thought about is getting an alarm system, either wired or wireless - the problem is that first of all the entrance to my flat at the foot of the stairwell is maybe 10 metres away from the windows/walls for placing the alarm box itself. Also, its rented accommodation - anyone have any experience or know the options with rented accommodation - obviously I can't go making alterations to the property. Is there some kind of solution that can be fitted and taken away ready for the next property?

The other option I'm looking at is some kind of camera system that will send an email to me when motion detected on the webcam - there are a few programs like this but I'm looking for a personal recommendation.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Rolf

Wireless if it's 1st floor flat is my suggestion, as regards the alarm, easy to fit and remove, may I suggest the esp infinate system.... worth the money.... please don't go to b&q.... as for the cams, if you want to spend an arm and a leg I'm sure we'll post lol

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest gerardcraggs

Regarding your CCTV with E-mail alert, I would recommend a Geovision DVR card which fits into a computer. GV250/2 should be sufficient for your needs.

regards

gerry

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your help guys.

I did think that a cam solution could simply use my existing webcam with appropriate software. Or is a card solution necessary for the job.

Thanks for the alarm recommendation. From your response, it looks like such a rented accommodation solution is not a problem. Presumably the ESP alarm still requires fittings or adhesions of some sort that I would still have to have my landlord clear, be it the magnetic switches or the siren. Incidentally, do you know how the siren is fixed, I can't find any details for this.

Thanks

thanks. I guess that means masonry drilling and rawplugs etc.

I guess I was wishing for a fantasy solution.

The landlord is funny and I know won't allow it.

Thanks though

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. Given the above situation, is there anything more I can do.

I guess I am pretty secure - anyone banging in the entry to my flat is definitely going to grab the attention of the flat downstairs.

I'm thinking of installing a webcam, and possible some traps like spikes, tacks, something which can grab their DNA if they get in.

Thanks all. Given the above situation, is there anything more I can do.

I guess I am pretty secure - anyone banging in the entry to my flat is definitely going to grab the attention of the flat downstairs.

I'm thinking of installing a webcam, and possible some traps like spikes, tacks, something which can grab their DNA if they get in.

65181[/snapback]

mate,

i think you live in a fantasy world.Neighbours are good if they give a toss and happen to be in at the time.DNA is good if the criminal has previous and the coppers can be arsed going to such lengths for a break in.

Traps,spikes etc

remember that farmer who shot his intruders?

Archived