Security Installer Community

Master Blasters

antinode

attended a site last year ( new install ) the customer said when they set the alarm the master blaster goes off .....ok a few open zones somewhere ......but oh no the installers had connected it to a set output :ranting: and the master blaster was above the entry door ......my ears are still ringing to :cold2:

attended a site last year ( new install ) the customer said when they set the alarm the master blaster goes off .....ok a few open zones somewhere ......but oh no the installers had connected it to a set output :ranting: and the master blaster was above the entry door ......my ears are still ringing to :cold2:

So they did not test the system before hand over then!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 1 month later...

Just the usual for me with the apprentice, when I did do a bit of installation in the early 90's.

Sent him up to fit it right up in the roof space of a large storage unit we were working in.

Have you screwed it on....? Yeah....

Have you got the mains on to it....? Yeah...

Have you connected the trigger wires....? Doing it now....

Tell me when you've connected them up.... Will do.....

..........Long gap................

......................................Longer gap..................................................

Done it......

A colleague of mine and I were now staring up the ladder from the store room where the panel was as I accidentally popped the trigger wires across the battery.... Purely accidental...

How we giggled as we watched that ladder shake and various tools and items crash to the floor.... Much to our disappointment, he stayed up there... :unsure:

I still feel guilty about that - that was some SERIOUS noise in an empty unit like that! So dangerous too, but you don't think about that at the time do you... Ahem... :whistle:

Kate C

x

• 1 year later...

IIRC the current model MasterBlasters are continuously rated, mainly due to the siren being produced by the motor driven fan and the design pushes the air over the motor as well to help cool it.

Had one customer ask me to spec *3* MB's on his warehouse, pointed out that the locals might think WW3 was about to start and to start with a single MB and decide if he needed more once he'd heard just how bloody loud they are!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived