Security Installer Community

sterling 10 contacts

Guest skulleater

Guest skulleater
:) hello ive got a sterling 10 and i would like to have it hooked up to my outside gate you know wooden latch type thingy.where can i get them from and do they exsiste (sorry about spelling)and how do i wire them up to my alarm and whats a good pir for a shed??. :)

hello ive got a sterling 10 and i would like to have it hooked up to my outside gate you know wooden latch type thingy.where can i get them from
Something dedicated to just the gate would perhaps be a better option here, I certainly wouldn't wire up an external gate to your home system unless it's done correctly with all external cabling in conduit or at least re-enforced piping laid underground and leading into a fully waterproofed junction box, and i'd use an industrial strenth MRS with sheathed cabling from that JB.
good pir for a shed??

If you must have detection in the shed it should at least be a good quality DT type of sensor, nothing worse than getting woken up in the morning by a spiddy on the shed sensor..Personally i'd stick with a door contact on the shed door and a few shock sensors.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest skulleater
:) ok thats sounds like a far bigger job than i thought i will phone some local companys i live in notts :):)

i have a aritech rsd contact on my gate with the cable through the wall to the jb internal i have it programed on my abacus 8/80 to spy night so it chimes and shows an exit fault if the gate is open while setting and chimes if opened while unset but if the window cleaner comes while the system is set it just chimes and logs in memory its been out there for 4 years and still going stong without ever giving a problem.

For the shed, I'd have it set up on a 24 hour circuit. As the name suggests, the alarm is active all the time, but you would replace the lock on your shed with a "shunt" lock. This is just a lock with a switch inside it, that's activated when you open and shut the lock. You can have it set up so that when you lock the shed door, the shed alarm circuit arms it's self, and when you unlock it, the alarm is disarmed. A 24 hour circuit will give an internal alarm when the main alarm is unset and a full alarm when the whole system is set, and it's impossible to forget to unset/set! Plus no trapsing back into the house to unset it when you want to get yer spade out :P

Trade Member

Archived