Security Installer Community

CCTV In lifts

Ive heard of people using spare cores on the emergency telephone to BODGE the camera signal down the spare cores just for the short run of the lift shaft and join it to coax from where ever the emergency phone goes to - just an idea!

Trade Member

Ahhhh, any two's a pair or any two will do as they say ;)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

One major tip fitting any cameras in a lift is to make sure all your measurements are correct for fitting to the inner lift steel. If you make a hole and it is left unused, the lift manufacturer/service company will replace the full panel and charge you a big wad for the replacement.

2nd tip is power safety. When the lift company shut off the lift, they use a single lever and that kills power, lights and everything. Any camera power MUST be incorporated into this 'single isolation switch' system so that becomes dead too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Useful stuff....

There's usually a fair few extra cables in the flat ribbon loom to accommodate video amongst other things. Theres also mains 240v power on the lift car itself for at least the internal lighting so fitting the camera's PSU to the lift itself using this supply can make things easier and safer as power cables aren't travelling the distance of the shaft. Plus the PSU will also be within the 'single switch isolator' system as mentioned above.

This pic (me having a fag lol) shows the PSU fitted. The lift company fitted a spur, plus one of the looms had a coax fitted so it was a straight forward install.

ACE.gif

Archived