Security Installer Community

ADPRO

Guest dale

Hi guys,

Have any of you's lot used Adpro gear. A client wants linking to a CCTV monitoring centre, and the monitoring centre insist that they will only deal with us if we have Adpro installed, and they can do (for a massive cost).

So I was wondering:

a.) Where do I get this Adpro thing from (and which one, as there is a few on the market)?

b.) Is it difficult to install?

I don't really fancy turning my CCTV installation over to the CCTV monitoring centre to do installs, as they might try and steal my client.... or mebe im just cynical?

cheers

D

Adpro remote monitoring system is very good and has been arround for a long time, Its straight forward to install.

Follow the link for further info: http://www.adpro.com.au/

You can buy from:

Norbains www.norbain.com

Vison Link www.visionlink-uk.com

Gardiner Security www.gardinersecurity.co.uk

The equipment is not cheap, but it is good quality and reliable. There are other alternatives that are equally good but not as expensive. Which arc are you going to use, who specified them, sound like they only have the recievers to recieve Adpro.

Colin.

Adpro (what they actually mean is probably the 'Fastscan' range of transmitters) comes in 2 variants:-

Fast scan mini, which supports upto 5 camera's and 2 way audio, BUT is no good for PTZ cameras as it doesnt support the protocols required for the movement of the heads.

Full fast scan, supports upto 10 cameras with all the features of the mini but also comes with the protocols for PTZ cameras so your CS can actually look round the site when the transmitter rings them.

A couple of points, don't quote me on this but we had to buy the plug on keypad that's available in order for the system to work as the CS we we're using couldn't connect to the transmitter to program it(keypad cost about £150 if i remember rightly).

2nd point, you should be aware that the full fastscan is a beast of a box and is absolutely huge, shaped like a very old H type bell box and is only really suitable for wall mounting, while the mini is a whole lot smaller, just under the size of your average multiplexer. So be prepared.

egg03064.gif

My client has decided to move to Mayfair security, so they require it before taking over the site. The current company thats monitoring the site has had problems with the current remote monitoring setup, as the site had a few of the cameras knicked a few weeks ago and the remote monitoring company were never notified by the equiptment apparently because of a "miss fire"? Which I assume means it detected the intruder but just didnt manage to communicate with the monitoring centre.

Thanks guys

D

Archived