Security Installer Community

help!

Guest mandy1210

Guest mandy1210
:( Looking for expert advice here - looking to buy a wireless home security system. Anyone give me some help here? Its a 4 bedroom house with attached garage.

Any reason why it has to be wireless Mandy? Most of us here would probably try & steer you towards a wired system. There are lots of threads on wire v wireless to look at without boring you too much here.

Most professional installers will be able to offer you a wired install with the cables concealed, even in a finished / new house.

Most wireless systems require a cable to the outside sounder & keypad too.

Why not post your location (town / city) & one of the forum members will probably be near to you to offer a quote?

Regards Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

:( Looking for expert advice here - looking to buy a wireless home security system. Anyone give me some help here? Its a 4 bedroom house with attached garage.

57921[/snapback]

If its got to be wireless then have a look at the DSC Envoy or the Scantronic Homelink 75 panel.

Or you could try the DSC Power 832 hybrid Panel. :yes:

(Has wire's to sounder and Keypad)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Whether you go wireless or wired, you should contact some of your local alarm companies who will be able to recommend a suitable system. No one here can tell you what "system" to use - there are a great many alarm systems on the market, most of which are excellent. Each installation company will have their own system that they prefer to install. When they do the survey, it would not be normal practice for you to tell them that you have heard of panel X and that you want it, because if they don't already install it they won't be able to. I would suggest that once you have a couple of quotes/recommendations from professional installers, that you then come back to the forum and ask for recommendations based on the systems that you have been quoted on.

....unless you were planning on going to B&Q and installing a DIY system :no:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

guys,

i'm sure there are the arguments for and against hard v wirefree. But for us die hard luddites it is now time to come out and offer both types of system. I was very anti wireless until I came across a company who will support you to the hilt on ther equipment and guarantee its operation as long as the survey is carried out correctly. They started out in wireless intruder then went into the fire market and thats how I met them. The kit is expensive but allied with installation cost and labour involved its a market not to be sniffed at. I'm going to mention them as they are close to my heart . EMS in Herne Bay. Fire, Intruder, Access Control,cctv, Lone Worker.

In life you learn to work smarter not harder :P

Bri

trade.gif

yes Zak, thats how they started. They started with all the PMR's for the met.Then did all the security for Abbey National and other High Street Banks in London. Qualify that for all the bank engineers out there before they attack me. :ninja: .

Bri

trade.gif

Guest mandy1210

:) Thanks for all the replies - I was thinking of a wireless system as the house has been completed (Its a new Build) and being a female - didn't want wires or holes in the coving etc.....etc.. or any mess......just looking for an easy life lol! I have about £300 - £350. to spend on a system (Is this a reasonable amount to expect to spend? I have 3 rooms and hall on lower level 3 entry/exit doors....oh and did I meantion a cat? so preferably one that wont go off everytime stupid cat runs about!!!!

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mandy :yes::yes:

Archived