Security Installer Community

Infrared and digital recording

Hi all

I have installed some low light .05 lux mono cameras with DC lense 6-60 1.4F and tecsech 50 w IR lights. on 2 of the cameras the picture is really good [the kind you would put in you brochure] on the other 2, not so good. Have tried changing settings for auto iris etc and iris level to no avail, no other sttings available. Have tried adjusting gain etc on recorder, no real improvement. All cameras running through CAt 5 and baluns. Interestingly when you put the camera straight in to a monitor the picture is good. system is geovision 800 cameras are from our good old friends LJD!!

John

Is it possible the two that are cack are the furthest away, baluns have a limit?

Are your IR lamps pointing in the right direction to illuminate the area of view? Ifg they are slightly out of line they wont do the business, also are they the right type or are the cameras the the right type?

As Rich has said, we need more info to diagnose with more accuracy.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Answers roughly in order. -

1 longest run is about 200 M

2 2 cameras down 1 CAT5, leaving 2 cores spare yes LJD balun at each end, 4 way type

3 Have tried adjusting IR lamps at night to give best possible illumination lamps give I think 890NM IR. Cannot tell from camera spec, what the expected range is

4 No have not tried the obvious of swapping cameras around but that will be doe today. Simple that one but unusually I have not tried, I usually like the simple things in life!!

5 Will try snap shot from recording of good/not so good and post.

I think that answers all

Again thanks all for your suggestions

John

Archived