Security Installer Community

Anyone help me with ADT alarm that needs to reset

Guest bub

Guest bub

looks like trade secrets dont want to be given away here.

Thanks all for your offers. I am waiting for Wheelers to get back to me regarding a visit

bub

I am studying to being a Heating Engineer, I am currently doing Gas and hopefully will be Corgi Certified by next year.

I also run a Guest House 3 days a week

Guest aechlin
looks like trade secrets dont want to be given away here.

Thanks all for your offers. I am waiting for Wheelers to get back to me regarding a visit

bub

52207[/snapback]

The information that you want, 'trade secrets' are not shared out on this forum for a reason. If they were, then what is the point of setting your alarm?

Alistair

Free B&B for a free new Alarm installation maybe. or how about I relight your boiler pilot thats just gone out in exchange for sorting my alarm thats sounds about right

joking

bub

The information that you want, 'trade secrets' are not shared out on this forum for a reason. If they were, then what is the point of setting your alarm?

Alistair

52377[/snapback]

Yes but you cant blameme for trying,just like you have your local cowboy installing a Gas fire or boiler(unbelievable but true). I dont know how difficult it is to repgrogram my alarm but if it is straight forward it would be nice for me to have done it myself to save money, just like your DIY person changeing bathtaps or a radiator, you have to be properly educated in plumbing to do this even though it is a straight forward job. The plumbing trade secrets are out there for everyone to have a go whether you succeed in doing the job or not, its just a shame its not the same for every trade

I can relight my own boiler pilot, to default your panel and reprogram it is something you cant do.

52846[/snapback]

im sure most people can relight there pilots on there boilers I was just choosing a simple heating task as a joke. If you asked me to answer a more complicated heating question like changeing a diverter valve on a combi boiler or changing your heating system form gravity to fully pumped Splan I would be happy to give advice even though most people woulnt know what im talking about

Yes but you cant blameme for trying,just like you have your local cowboy installing a Gas fire or boiler(unbelievable but true). I dont know how difficult it is to repgrogram my alarm but if it is straight forward it would be nice for me to have done it myself to save money, just like your DIY person changeing bathtaps or a radiator, you  have to be properly educated in plumbing to do this even though it is a straight forward job. The plumbing trade secrets are out there for everyone to have a go whether you succeed in doing the job or not, its just a shame its not the same for every trade

52849[/snapback]

The imlplications of revealing trade secrets of security are a little different to plumbing! i.e. it would not stay very secure :P

If you don't know......ask.

This is interesting, so is it safe to say if I was told how to reprogram my alarm myself it could possibly breach //.National Installer.// security or will it really affect ADTs profit margin by this knowledge becoming public as noone would need them for false alarm etc

Yeah, you have to realise bub, we tell you how to reset your alarm in this thread, were telling every tom dick n harry.

We tell you via a private message, we may as well tell you in the public forum.

How happy would you be if you were told the details you required and the next time you went out, someone broke in using the information provided and cleared you out?

This is interesting, so is it safe to say if I was told how to reprogram my alarm myself it could possibly breach //.National Installer.// security or will it really affect ADTs profit margin by this knowledge becoming public as noone would need them for false alarm etc

52853[/snapback]

I dont think too many care about //.National Installer.//'s security or how it effect their profit margin, the point is, you are asking for information that could overide your currently set alarm system and you could be a robber.

Archived