Security Installer Community

What do people think of Aritech DD495 Dual techs?

Guest murphaph

Guest marcjacobs

@murphaph: the Aritech building in Roermond is closed now, Aritech now has a large European warehouse and headquarters in Weert (25 km's from Roermond), the warehouse is also for the GE Networx products. Production is done in China (PIR's) and Taiwan (Sirens). Aritech doorcontacts and powersupplies come from Elmdene. Glassbreakdetectors are 100% the same as the Caddx Sentrol products (also GE Interlogix).

but cctv comes from the USA. The vista triplex from norbain is made by GE interlogix. Hence why the Ge and Vista look the same.

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Guest murphaph
@murphaph: the Aritech building in Roermond is closed now, Aritech now has a large European warehouse and headquarters in Weert (25 km's from Roermond), the warehouse is also for the GE Networx products. Production is done in China (PIR's) and Taiwan (Sirens). Aritech doorcontacts and powersupplies come from Elmdene. Glassbreakdetectors are 100% the same as the Caddx Sentrol products (also GE Interlogix).

50878[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about Roermond. The plant here in Dublin moved to larger premises a few years back. I assume the still make the CD series here.

@isc, the DD495's are in my posession free+gratis so I'm not worried about cost. I just set them to 7m range. I assume the don't have the 4k7 built in as there's no jumper to disable it if it were to be fitted to something other than an Aritech panel?

Guest marcjacobs

yes, panels are made in Dublin (but Aritech will stop with the CD-range), even the CS-series, which are 95% the same as the Caddx Networx

Guest murphaph

This is drifting off topic but you don't know if Becuwe still exist? We used to make contacts and shock sensors (rebranded GS610's) for them. The contacts were cheap and nasty things. Do Aritech make the ATS range in Dublin? (It's a long time since I worked for them and the CS-350 was king for volumes back then).

When I was with a big national that really only used Aritech no guessing who, we found the DD475, DD495 very reliable. Although we dropped the DD455 because we were getting a number of failed sets or false alarms on exit. For some reason if a DD455 was fitted on the exit rout especially near or adjacent the final door it also seemed to clear after no movement then suddenly activate for no apparent reason. Hence we started using the DD105C which has to be one of the most reliable and better looking dualtechs on the market.

cheers Kev

When I was with a big national that really only used Aritech no guessing who, we found the DD475, DD495 very reliable. Although we dropped the DD455 because we were getting a number of failed sets or false alarms on exit. For some reason if a DD455 was fitted on the exit rout especially near or adjacent the final door it also seemed to clear after no movement then suddenly activate for no apparent reason. Hence we started using the DD105C which has to be one of the most reliable and better looking dualtechs on the market.

51773[/snapback]

I know this problem well it only happens on the Final exit route when you use Aritech alarm controls. The detector latches the alarmcircuit open after the system sets causing a E/E fault.

Jef

Customers!

Archived